Part 11-The Response and the Aftermath

We didn't have to wait long. Not that that surprised me. There were some angry comments, but pretty much all of the comments were positive; giving us 'congratulations' and a few 'I'm so happy for you two(s)!'. It was stunning just how positive the majority of them were about it.

Unfortunately, the negative comments struck me hard.

"Urgh, you could have told us instead of keeping us in the dark for months on end!"

"I'm grateful to whoever uploaded the photos! At least they decided to be honest with us!"

"Why do you get Dan? You weren't even one of his first subscribers!"

"Dan, at least choose a girl who doesn't spend her videos looking star struck!"

"She's the girl who only met you because of Chris, isn't she?"

"What's next? Is Phil engaged or something?!"

The comments kept flooding in. Each comment was like a kick in the gut, knocking back my already small amount of self-esteem with a well-positioned punch.

"Mia, stop reading them," Phil suggested as he watched my face. I was sure that my face was representing the pain of the words.

'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me.' Whoever said that is a liar.

Just when I was about to go and sleep away all of the weights of worry that were pressing down firmly on my shoulders, I got a text from Charlie:

"I'm doing some filming tomorrow, are you free to come over for the day? Chris said that he'd come and bring you over here tomorrow if you can make it :)"

I showed the message to Dan and Phil, asking if they'd mind if I went over to Charlie's house.

"Mia, you don't have to ask permission," Dan grinned. "But, I want to spend the day with you the day after that, okay?"

I blushed with pleasure. "Okay."

I went back into Dan's room and texted Charlie back that I would love to see the filming. We talked about times and agreed that Chris would come and get me at 10 o'clock the following morning. Chris texted me to clarify that.

I plugged my phone in to charge and tried to find my pyjamas. I eventually found a pair of mid-thigh length dark grey shorts and an oversized, pale grey, Legend of Zelda t-shirt with the black and yellow Triforce of Courage on its chest. I dressed into them and laid down. Dan was still on his computer in the lounge with Phil, so he wasn't going to go to sleep anytime soon. I'd told Dan to just pull the duvet off me if I'd curled up in it like a cocoon. Dan had laughed in time with me and agreed to it, only if I did the same to him.

I wasn't 100% sure about sharing a bed with Dan for the next few nights. Yes, we were still going out, but we'd suffered our first problem in the form of Shannon and Dan's past with her. No. I couldn't let myself think of her just before I went to sleep, or she'd be in my dreams, poisoning them into nightmares. I knew that much about my mind.

I dozed for the next few hours, my mind buzzing with the anticipation of spending a day on a filming set with Chris and Charlie, and the hater comments on my new video revolving around my head in a constant circuit. The comments weren't over. The ones I'd read were only of the people who pounced on new videos within second of their release; there was still everyone else to come, the other million. I was also aware that Dan could walk in at any moment, which was the thought that kept me the most alert.

He did come back into the room (well, it was his bedroom to be fair) at around 4am. I wasn't too surprised by the time, because I knew that he was nocturnal, but he did try to be quiet. I heard him moving round slowly, and then walking into his desk chair in the dark.