Part 2- Reunited with an Old Home

At the sight of Dan and Phil's door to their flat, I let out a content sigh. I was relieved to finally be here after my long journey, even if it meant that I had to immediately get ready for the YouTuber New Year's party that we were going to. Dan and Phil had gone last year, which gave them more experience that I, but they were still fairly new to it.

"Oh, I've missed this place," I sighed as Dan led me up one of the many sets of stairs that they had in their apartment. Dan chuckled at my comment and opened the door to his room, stepping inside quickly to drop down my bag (which he'd offered to carry).

I'd stayed in Dan and Phil's apartment once before, when I'd been allowed to stay in London a little longer and I didn't have a hotel to stay in, but last time, I had stayed in their office, where they had a sofa bed. This time, I was staying in Dan's room, with Dan. Frankly, the thought of it made me very nervous. I'm not the best person at being in close proximities to people. I like to have my own space where I can relax. But, Dan was one of the very few people I knew who I was now almost completely relaxed around, so I hoped that that would change my perception of the situation.

"How long have we got?" I asked as Dan set my bag down at the end of his bed.

He straightened up and ran a hand through his hair whilst checking his phone clock with the other hand. "About an hour," he told me, slipping his phone back into his jeans.

"Do you mind if I start getting ready now? Then I can just relax before we leave," I edged towards my bag and set my hand down on it. The New Year's party was a big thing amongst British YouTubers, and this was my first time going, so I wanted to look good. I might have wanted to impress Dan too, like anyone in my position would have; Dan Howell or regular boyfriend.

"Sure," Dan smiled. "You know where everything is, yeah?"

"Of course," I grinned back at him. "It's really good to see you."

"I'm glad to see you too, Quartz," Dan chuckled, giving me a light kiss before stepping off towards the door. He gave the gift of a small smile before he shut the door between us, leaving me to get ready.

I sighed contently as I leant on one leg and looked down at my bag. Inside was one of the very few dresses I owned, and had purchased with the aid of my best friend Nic. I may not love dresses, but I was ready to try wearing a dress for once. It was hopefully only going to be a onetime thing of wearing a dress, but I could only hope.

I chewed on my lips as I scavenged in my bag for everything I'd need to get ready. As I'd spent the last five hours travelling, I wanted to shower before I got into my new dress. Therefore, I might as well change in the bathroom.

Soon enough, my raspberry shower gel's smell had filled the bathroom and I was changing into my dress. I stepped into the fabric and tied up the back of the dress, looking at myself in the mirror. The dress was dark purple with silver stitching on the hem of the skirt. It was a strapless bodice which flowed down to a knee length circle-skirt. There was dark grey mesh like sleeves to the dress too, almost like a long-sleeved mesh t-shirt underneath it. It was perfectly simple, and I cherished that aspect of the dress, I will admit.

I fastened back parts of my hair which were closest to my face and then put my silver Deathly Hallows necklace around my neck, followed by a select few of my regular bracelets. I put my contact lenses onto my eyes, then painting my eyelids with a little grey eye shadow on my lids before applying my regular amounts of eyeliner, mascara and my new pale lipstick over my thin base of foundation.

I pulled on my tan coloured tights, my black converse and a black leather jacket which used to be Nic's before she gave it to me permanently recently. I slipped my glasses case into the inside pocket of my jacket, just in case I needed them. I knew that my contact lenses sometimes irritated my eyes, depending on what sort of day I was having, so I always kept my glasses on me in case that happened. I gathered up my belongings and headed back towards Dan's room.