Hanging in the Balance

Koro's POV

     ''I'll...be...okay,'' Nami reassured, but became unconscious on the last word. Dr. Celia's Force aura radiated nervousness and a hint of panic, but her face was calm as numbers began to drop on the machines, and she rushed to and fro, talking urgently into her comlink. What is happening? I cried in my mind as anxiety creeped into my aura. 

     Zllen asked, ''What is going on?''

     ''Her vitals are plummeting,'' the doctor informed. ''We're losing her.'' My eyes widened in shock and disbelief. She can't go now! She can't! My hand shot out along with Zllen's at the same time, using the Force to get her vitals stable. ''I need a bacta tank now!'' the doctor shouted into her comm. ''I've got someone dying!'' Oh no you don't! I poured out my will which combined with Zllen's, and together, we brought her back to stable. 

     By the time Nami was stable, the bacta tank was ready, and Dr. Celia prepped her and got her ready for transfer. She turned to us and breathed, ''She's stable thanks to you. I'm guessing both of you are Jedi, and this is a friend of yours. Go into the waiting room, and I'll talk to you later.'' We obeyed her, and walked into the waiting room where a Chagrian, a Gamorrean, and a Besalisk sat together, worry creasing their foreheads and coming off of them in waves. They looked up at us, and then looked back at the floor.

     We took a seat down from them, and I whispered to Zllen, ''We'd better comm the Council.''

Time Skip (a few minutes) Koro's POV

     I stood outside under the overhang while it poured down rain a meter in front of me. I had my holoprojector out, waiting for the Council to answer my call. Suddenly, the faces of Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Mace Windu showed up on my holoprojector. ''Jedi Lupus, have something to tell us, do you?'' Yoda asked in his usual voice.

     I answered, ''Yes, Master Yoda. I apologize for the intrusion, but I figured you'd like to know why we are not at the Temple.''

     Master Windu ushured, ''Go on, Jedi Lupus.''

     ''Masters of the Council, the reason I am not there is because although we did win at Atollon, Apprentice Nova betrayed us and attempted to kill Jedi Famile,'' I reported.

     This drew audible gasps from the Council members off-screen, but Yoda merely asked, ''Succeed, did she?''

     ''No, Master Yoda, not that I know of,'' I answered. Zllen walked out of the medcenter, and bowed to the Council. 

     Then he addressed everyone, ''Jedi Famile is currently in a bacta tank, but the doctor doesn't know when she'll wake up if she'll wake up at all.'' If she wakes up? There's no guarantee? She's a Jedi Knight! She can make it! I argued in my mind, but something inside me rebuked, Even Jedi Masters can die. Nami's no exception.

     Ki-Adi-Mundi answered soberly, ''Trust in the Force. It will guide your path as it will guide Jedi Famile's. Remember, everything happens for a reason.''