Betrayal

One Year Later, Nami's POV

     Koro, Zllen, Reymos, Hexa, and I had just fought and destroyed a droid army. I scanned the horizon to see if any other droids were heading our way, but there was nothing. I heard commotion behind me, but I paid no attention. No droids, no Sith, nothing but us, I reported to myself. I felt my Padawan's presence behind me, and I turned with a smile. She looked around quickly, and then before I knew it, pain exploded in my leg, and I dropped down with a hiss of agony. It was just like the one in my shoulder, and it hurt just as bad. 

     With the pain came shock, the shock that came when one of the people you trusted betrayed you before you even knew it. ''I have my own Master,'' she began, ''but thank you for making me stronger.'' How could you? I cried out in my mind as a flaming, searing pain erupted in the right side of my chest as Hexa shot me there. How could you? I trusted you, and you shot me! How? Then realization hit me like the blaster bolts in my chest and leg. Sith! My vision grew dark in the corner of my eyes, and I fought that darkness that threatened to seep into my bones and mind and heart. ''Kriff!'' Hexa hissed. 

     I managed to gasp out through the flames in my leg and chest, ''It's...a good thing...that I...didn't...teach you...where to...shoot.'' I winced as she pointed it at my head. This is it, I realized. This is where my story ends, where I die. I closed my eyes, accepting my fate, but opened them at the sound of Zllen's voice. 

Zllen's POV

     I asked, ''Nami?'' I feared that she was unconscious or worse, but when she opened her eyes, my fears weren't near as strong. The bad part was the fact that the Temple was too far away to get her there, and I was nervous that by the time we would get there, it would be too late. I heard the discharge of a blaster, but I didn't look as Koro made his way over to us. I knew what had happened; Hexa is dead.

     The pain in Nami's Force aura had began to subside with the use of the Force on her own which impressed me. Koro and I helped her up to the waiting ship, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Reymos look at the body of Hexa Nova with a crushed gaze, then look to the ship. He liked her, I realized with a pang. He liked her, and she did this to him. She broke the Circle. That was one of the worst thoughts to bear, the worst being Nami's condition.