The Circle

Nami walked to an awaiting speeder along with Koro Lupus, a Knight who had befriended her shortly after her ceremony. Her mom had gone with Master Qui-Gon, who seemed to be eyeing a certain youngling curiously. Nami wasn't sure, but figured that the youngling, Obi-Wan, would become the Master's apprentice. Of course, there was no need to worry about that now, for she had her own mission to undertake: meet with different civilians to see what the Jedi Order could improve about the relationship between Jedi and civilians. She accepted the mission, for she thought it was right, and she chose Koro because she wanted to get to know him better, so her friends could all be a circle. Yes, the Circle.

     Koro was polite and opened the door for Nami, who thanked him. The pair sped off from the Temple toward a civilian block. ''Why don't we talk before we get there? All formalities aside, of course,'' Nami recommended.

     Koro nodded. ''What should we talk about?''

     ''Maybe we should think about a few ways to better the Order ourselves before we ask some civilians,'' Nami suggested.

     ''That works. I believe we should consider what they think when we make decisions.''

     ''Yes. I believe that we should hold ourselves equal to them as well, not just protect them.''

     ''That could help.'' Koro wrote the suggestions on his 'pad, then asked, ''Anything else?''

     Nami shook her head then stated, ''We should let the civilians tell us.'' Koro nodded, his red and white colored head tails sticking out next to her medium brown hair. Neither had a Padawan braid; those were cut off during the ceremony. His long montrals made him taller than she was with medium orange skin and white pigments, common to most Togrutas, that made a circle around both of his eyes. He was around 21 years old while she was only 17.

     As they went through different civilian blocks, the civilians answered the questions the same as Koro and Nami did. Either that, or they just didn't understand why there was an Order in the first place. The two Knights reported the answers to the Council, and hung around the Temple until Octa showed up.