Senate

Nami's POV from now on 'cause I'm done with 3rd person.

     Through the first days of Anakin's training, the Circle found themselves outside of the Temple on other worlds such as Utaupa or Correllia. It wasn't too bad, considering they had been stuck in the Temple for weeks, so it was a nice change. Today, I would be visiting the Galactic Senate with Master Yoda to study the legislative system, and how the Senate proceeds through different issues of many different species. I had to admit to myself that it could be quite boring, but a Jedi had to do their duty which could be extremely tiresome. 

     At the present time, I sat in a repulsorlift with the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, watching the Chancellor begin the session. It could take hours, days, or weeks for a session to be over, and perhaps months if need be. I honestly didn't understand how the Senators put up with the long sessions because I knew I couldn't do it. Meanwhile, Master Yoda sat beside me with a smile, watching as Senators from different worlds stood up and discussed their problems. Apparently Mandalorian clans are fighting again, Naboo was attacked by the Trade Federation, and the Trade Federation is denying everything. ''Seriously? They know they're guilty. Just ask Obi-Wan!'' I whispered to Yoda.

     Master Yoda rebuked, ''Quiet, you must be. Listen well, you should, and learn many things, you can, Jedi Famile.'' 

     I took the rebuke with a nod as Obi-Wan stood up and called, ''I seen it myself! The Trade Federation is guilty, even if they won't admit it.'' 

     A Ramoan male from the Trade Federation snapped, ''Why would we take the word of one person?''

     ''I saw it too!'' a little Anakin called out. ''You can take the word of two people!''

     ''Ha!'' the Ramoan spat. ''A child! Why would we take the word of a child?''

     Anakin scowled, ''Because it's the truth! Obi-Wan and I are eye witnesses!''

     ''And I can feel the guilt in your Force signatures,'' Obi-Wan added.

     A Senator, Senator Palpatine, agreed, ''I can feel it as well. These two are telling the truth. What does the Trade Federation have to say for themselves?'' The Ramoan said nothing. ''Well?'' Senator Palpatine pressed.

     After a moment of hesitation, the Ramoan, who was probably the representative, responded, ''I agree, and for our wrongdoing, we, uh, we will give up our seat in the Senate.'' The other representatives radiated shock in their Force signatures as well as in their gasps that echoed across the chamber. ''We shall see ourselves out now, Chancellor.'' He motioned the others to follow him out of the door, and everyone watched them go. I looked at Yoda, who sat serenely beside me while I was still somewhat shocked.

     The Chancellor cleared his throat. ''Now that the...confrontation...with the Trade Federation is over, let's move onto other pressing matters.''

     ''Have a Jedi go to Mandalore, I can. Stop a war, they could. Yes, it is possible,'' Master Yoda recommended. 

     Senator Tal Merrik shook his head. ''Master Yoda, the Mandalorians are a war people. I severely doubt that this civil war could be avoided.''

     Duchess Satine Kryz retorted, ''I believe that the Mandalorians could change.''

     ''Oh, yes, Duchess,'' the Senator said sarcastically. ''The New Mandalorians. Because of your movement, the Mandalorians are in a civil war. Ha! And you think you can change it! Honestly, you are as bright as a binary droid!''

     Satine snarled, ''Sleemo nerf herder! Di'kut! Shab'la Senator, you!''

     I turned to Yoda with a raised eyebrow. ''Called him idiot and messed up, she did. Insulting him, she is,'' Yoda informed.

     I added, ''Or at least trying to.'' To myself, I noted, ''I should learn Mando'a.'' 

     ''That all you've got?'' he challenged. ''***** *** you stupid ******** nerf herder ****** you ******** **********!''  

     At the Senator's profane words, the Chancellor snapped, ''Take your feud elsewhere, Senator and Duchess. Now, shall we wrap this up?'' Murmurs of agreement echoed across the Senate chamber as the Chancellor began closing. Once the session was over and Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, and I were leaving, I realized that this Senate session had been the most interesting one I'd been to. With that, we climbed into a speeder (for Yoda's sake) and headed back to the Temple.