Ishi Tok and Zllen

Jedi began to crowd around the hangar bay, which caused Nami to join them out of sheer curiosity. A young girl stepped out of the ship, about six years old, but no one joined her. Her black hair flew in the wind, including the braided strands. Shaak Ti, now a Master, shouldered her way to the head of the group, then approached the child, who pleaded, ''Will you help me? My tribe has been killed. I am the last one left.'' 

     The young girl, Ishi Tok, told her story about how the Crescent Moon Clan of Dathomir was killed, and about her mother telling her where to go to get help. Sympathetically, Master Ti told the young girl, ''I will talk to the Masters, for you are strong in the Force, but you will get help. I promise.'' Then she led the Dathomiri girl to the Council's chamber in the Temple, and the Jedi dispersed. Nami noticed Zllen looking intently in the girl's direction. 

     If I can, Nami thought wistfully, I would like Ishi as my Padawan. She watched Zllen and Jedi Billiba leave into the Temple, and decided to follow them. They went down many corridors to the Archives to do research of some kind. Nami shrugged and walked in to read a 'pad on the history of the Republic. While reading, she occasionally looked up. She didn't know why she lingered near, but she had a feeling in the Force. So she lingered.

     Nami was about to leave when Zllen began to try to leave, wild-eyed and scared. The Rodian activated his lightsaber and glared at Jedi Billiba. Then he came toward her, yelling, ''Stay back! I'm warning you! I don't want to do this!''

     ''Do what? Zllen, what's going on?'' Depa asked, bewildered. He charged, and the Jedi brought her lightsaber to meet his. ''What is going on?''

     Zllen hissed, ''I have to! I have to kill you, or someone else will!'' The two fought savagely, but Nami had a better idea, and a less painful one. She stuck her palm out, and the Rodian fell unconcious.

     Depa looked at her and smiled. ''I'm glad you were here.'' Then she looked down at Zllen. ''Force stun. Looks like you actually paid attention to your Master during training.'' Depa and Nami carried the Rodian to the Asylum Block, where a Jedi healer was working.

     The Bothan healer looked at Zllen. ''What happened?''

     ''He went barvy,'' Depa replied.

     ''Nonsense, Jedi Billiba. He's my patient now,'' he replied casually. And the two Jedi left Zllen in the Bothan's care.