A Dangerous Time

Nami's POV

     Hexa stood panting, hands on her knees, out of breath from the extensive physical training I had put her through. Out of practice myself, I was panting myself. I remarked, ''Looks like...we're both...getting some much-needed...practice. Or...for you, training.''

     Her reply was, ''I...didn't know...the Jedi...were such...comedians. I thought...you were all...serious all...the time.''

     ''We have our moments. Of course, the lower ranks...can be more comical and less serious...than the Masters. There are times to be serious, times to joke, and times for comic relief,'' I taught. ''You just have to figure out what time it is.'' Hexa just snickered, her Force signature relaxed and sincere. ''Alright, my young Padawan, I think it is time for you to move on to meditation. Let's go to my room.'' She bowed, then followed as I led her through the halls to my small chamber where I sat on the bed. ''You know how to meditate, correct?''

     She answered, ''Yes, Master.'' I smiled as she joined me and we sank into deep meditation. I found myself on a new planet of water, standing on an island. It was unfamiliar to me, but I stood in front of a stone structure. The Jedi Temple on Ahch-To! I remembered from my Master as I looked at the Temple. But why am I here?

     A silky voice came from behind me, saying, ''I know why you are here.'' I whirled to see a male of an unknown species standing ahead of me with emerald eyes, dark skin, white robes, and black hair. ''That doesn't mean I'll tell you.''

     ''What is your name?'' I asked, wary of the man standing close to me. I didn't see any weapons, but that didn't mean I was going to let my guard down. 

     The man's eyebrows furrowed as he stated, ''That is none of your concern. But you probably won't leave me be until I tell you why you are here. A great danger is coming, coming to this Temple. Erase this from the Archives, erase the location, so none will know. I will hide the Temple, so none will find it. But a great danger for you, I sense, is approaching. Closer to you than you think, so be wary, Nami. But those even closer, you can rely on.

     ''Listen to the auras around you for any sense of betrayal. There are those you can trust, and others who threaten you. Trust the Circle, for they will stay nearby. They will protect you, as you will to them.''

     Nami's eyebrows shot up in confusion and shock as she asked this person, ''Are you saying that I cannot trust the other Jedi? That I cannot trust the Masters, the Order?''

     His only response was, ''Be wary, Jedi Knight Nami Famile. Be wary.'' His hands shot out, and Nami was sent flying several meters away from the mysterious Force-user with a startled cry. She opened her eyes to find herself back in the Temple. What just happened? Who do I trust? I asked myself as Hexa came out of her meditation trance. I dismissed her to think on my own for a while, and to try to sort my thoughts out.