XXI.

"Damn it, Clarissa! When will you two get your heads out of your asses? Both of you are pining one another, and for what? To just stare at each other and to do absolutely nothing?" Chloe said in a frustrated tone

"Stop Chloe! People will hear you!" I pleaded in panicked tone, looking around the track. We were in gym class, walking around the track, which gave Chloe time to talk.

It was few days since the party and I was fully recovered from the alcohol. I mentally shook my head. I should had known it would happen but I just wanted Nate and the others to have a good time. I couldn't blame Chloe for giving it to me. If Marissa tricked her with magic, there was no way she could have seen through it. I went back to the house in secret for any traces of Marissa and her magic, only to find nothing. We had to continue to wait for her next move, something that the others weren't happy about. 

Nate and I had gotten closer. We were always together and comfortable being alone with each other. We would watch movies, Nate answering my questions about the modern world, and laughing if I made a mistake before gently correcting me. I realized then that my crush on Nate was developing into something else.

But Master and genie relationships weren't traditional. After genies granted their master's wishes, they moved on to the next person who discovered the lamp. Chloe and Kayla had been prodding me about our relationship for a while now, especially Chloe.

"Please Chloe!" I hissed, stopping Chloe's rambling. "Nate and I are friends. That's it. If you really want to start a courting, help Kayla and Tyler-"

"Don't you dare bring me into this. Besides, Tyler is just a big man-whore who will wander around with a girl on his lap," Kayla muttered that last part.

Chloe shook her head in exasperation. "Tyler said that girl went to him! It's also not his fault that a spell kept her glued in place when he went to look for us and Clarissa. Give the poor guy a chance!"

"Oh really? How about you and Zach then, huh? Are you going to ask him out or stare at him like a loon?"

Chloe flushed Kayla's remark, knowing she didn't have a defense. Chloe had been swooning over Zach since the party, looking at him with large puppy eyes.

Seeing that this could escalate, I tried to calm everyone down.

"Hey, let's all calm down. We can figure all of this out eventually." I said calmly.

"It seems like we all have boy issues." Chloe muttered. "But let's be real right now- Kayla, give Tyler a chance. He's can't keep his eyes off of you for even a minute. And Clarissa- just ask him out. Bad things could happen if you guys wait too long. The green monster can come if another girl tries to get Nate's attention. Take Destiny for instance," Chloe warned.

I tilted my head in confusion. The green monster? Was this a common creature?

"Aw, poor little genie has boy issues. Even after being trapped for so long, you weren't spared from this world's pathetic notions of love." I turned and looked at Destiny warily.