VIII.

"This glowing glass mirror is worst than magic training!" I groaned as I pressed on the glass screen

I've been trying to operate this invention- the cell phone as Nate called it- for two hours. I felt my frustration building on the phone. I was ready to feed it to Louis.

"Clarissa, all you have to do is slide your finger across the screen. Shaking it will solve nothing." Nate groaned, annoyance in his tone.

"But what are these squares for?" I waved the device in his face.

"Those are applications or apps," Nate pushed the phone away. "They lead you to different games, books, contacts, messages, and mail. To exit, you hit the circle with a square on it on the bottom of the phone." He slowly explained.

"Why is it even called a phone? I don't understand. Why is important?" I groaned. 

"I'm showing you this so you can use google every time you have a question! That way it will be easier and I won't have to answer every single one." Nate explained in frustration, running a hand through his hair.

I stared at him blankly.

"What's Google?"

Nate face palmed himself and with a loud groan, laid on the couch in defeat.

There was a knock at the door and Tyler and Zach walked in.

"I'll explain more about how it works later," Nate whispered. I nodded and put the device in my jean pocket.

"Hey, dude. What to play some COD?" asked Zach. He seemed excited.

Nate smirked and nodded, telling him to set it up. I was confused, what were they doing? I shrugged and decided to go upstairs. I haven't seen Louis and I wanted to tell him about my first day.

I excused myself and ran up the steps to my bedroom.

I found Louis nibbling on a pillow. I sighed and shook my head. I guess I lost another pillow.

"Louis! You won't believe the day I had." I said as I hopped on the bed. Louis stopped knawing on the pillow and turned to me. I began to tell him about my day, getting lost in my thoughts.

"The girl's hair was pink! And she didn't use any magic!" I gasped and Louis' jaw dropped in shock. I giggled at his response.

"That's exactly what I did!"

I continue to ramble about my day and told him all my observations, re-enacting some things I saw. Louis made a rumbling in his chest, proud I made new friends. However, he growled when he heard about Destiny.