XX.

My head was throbbing when I started to wake up

My head was throbbing when I started to wake up. It felt like someone shook my lamp really hard while I was inside of it. I cuddled into my warm sheets. It's more comfortable than I remembered.

As I snuggled closer, the sheets wrapped around me tighter.

I froze at that thought. Sheets don't tighten by themselves unless I used magic, which I wasn't.

After many attempts, I was able to flutter my eyes open. I looked at my surroundings through sleepy eyes.

This wasn't my room.

I was pulled closer into a source of heat. It gave m a sense of comfort and safety. As happy as I was, I needed to know what was so comfortable. I turned around and froze.

Why was I in Nate's room? And why was he holding me in such an intimate position?

Our legs were intertwined and his arms were wrapped around my waist, bringing me close as possible to his solid chest. It seemed that I was snuggled into Nate's neck, my own arms wrapped around him.

I think I was even drooling a bit.

I tried to remember what happened last night. We were at the party...and then the alcohol-

Oh my god! The alcohol! Everything after that was a blur and I couldn't remember anything before waking up now. How did the alcohol even get into my system?

I could vaguely recall Nate apologizing to me. Why was he apologizing?

My lips were tingling and I felt warmth spread across my face. Why was I feeling this way? It's like my body remembered the event while my mind was trying to play catch up.

I needed to understand what happened last night.

Determined, I looked at a sleeping Nate. I examined him.

His dark hair was ruffled, pointed in different directions that made him adorable. His eyes were closed and his eyelashes reached his cheekbones. He looked so calm and relaxed. Nate looked different without his usual smirk on his face.

I was starting to regret waking him up but did it anyway.

"Nate." I whispered.

No response.

"Nate." I said louder.

I only recieved a grunt in return.

"NATE!"

With a yelp, he rolled over and fell off the bed.

If my head didn't hurt, I would had laughed at that.

Nate jumped up with a groan, stretching out his muscles.

"Ouch, Rissa. Anyway, how are you feeling?" He asked, his tone turning from annoyance to concern.

"I have a bit of a headache and that's it." I muttered, using the pillow to cover my face.

Nate chuckled and walked out of the room. He came back with a a glass of water and a strange blue oval.

"Here, have an Advil. It'll make you feel better. All you do is swallow it using water."

I nodded and took the Advil. It took me a few attempts, but I managed to swallow it.

"Thank you." I said genuinely. "I have no idea what the heck I did at the party after the alcohol, but thank you."

Nate frowned.

"Marissa distracted me so she could give you alcohol. I don't know if it was an illusion, but she used her magic to convince Chloe that I was giving you the drink. Marissa thought I had the lamp but I refused to give her my bag. It was a good move leaving the lamp with Louis last night. You turned the whole party into statues, besides our friends. Kayla and I tried to track you until I found out you were in the woods...Do you really not remember anything after that?"

"You found me in the woods? And remembering...I don't know. It's fuzzy. There's some pieces like..." I started to say stopped. Would he think I was crazy if I told him? I was under the influence of alcohol, who knows what was and wasn't real. I thought about the events that he explained, disgusted and afraid. I had underestimated her and it costed me. I could had hurt many people if it wasn't for Nate.

"Like..." Nate said hopefully.

I hesitated but decided to tell him.

"Well...everything else is blurry but..."

God, why was I so nervous about this?

"But...come on Clarissa. It's me. You can tell me." Nate said sincerely. He had this strange gleam in his eyes. I couldn't identify it.

"You said...sorry and that...you didn't mean- it's stupid. Never mind." I dismissed, feeling my face turn red. I didn't need to make a fool of myself.

"No it's not-because what you are saying so far is true."

What? I stares at him, waiting for him to continue. It was Nate's turn to look nervous.

"I-fuck it. This is getting annoying. I'm just going to say it."

He walked to me and gave me a crushing hug. My eyes widened at his sudden action.

"I care about you," he mumbled into me shoulder. "Quite a lot actually. I'm so sorry about what I said weeks ago. I feel so guilty about it. There's so much I want to say- but I can't. At least not yet."

He cared about me?

I felt my heart began to race. I felt a smile spread on my face.

"I care about you too. Quite a lot actually."

Nate chuckled and hugged me tighter.

"And I already told you- I forgive you." I concluded.

I had forgiven him a long time ago. I missed being friends with him.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but I was not complaining.