XII.

I heard the relentless knocks against the guest room

"Rissa! Open up! I need to talk to you!"

I got up and put on my best blank face, hoping that it would be convincing.

I decided it was best if there was strictly a professional relationship between us from now on. Master to genie. I didn't understand these emotions he brought out of me. It freaked me out. I needed to keep a wall around my heart to understand these feelings.

So for now- he's just my Master.

With a few deep breaths, I opened the door to look at him expectantly. I did my best to hold in my gasp.

He looked horrible.

His breathing was rapid and his hair was a mess, like he was running his hair through it multiple times. He looked relieved when he saw me open the door.

"Can I come in?" he asked. I opened the door and he walked in and sat on the side of the bed.

Louis snarled at him and I shushed him. I gave him a look and he snorted, crawling back to his bed.

"Clarissa, what you saw back there- uh it's just that she brought me there and-uh! What I mean to say is that I didn't kiss her. Well I did but- it wasn't me? Well it was but- I can't explain it." Nate said hopelessly.

I stared at him blankly.

"So you were aroused and decided to have sexual intercourse with a girl? Isn't that a normal occurrence in this culture? I've read books and the websites on the Internet. It's alright to-"

"I just didn't want to hurt your feelings. Dammit Clarissa. I'm so confused. I need your help to understand it. It didn't feel like it was me."

I silently examined him in his state. He seems too confused to explain anything to me. I felt irrational anger towards him for not explaining. He wanted to have intercourse with another girl. That's all he has to say. But he's saying he didn't want it and needed my help?

Was it me he was worried about? Was I that bad of a kisser? I felt guilt and self-doubt flood through me. Of course I was. He was so disgusted, he went to another girl. He really isn't interested in me. That's good right? No relationships.

Why do I feel the need to cry?

I felt tears burn my eyes, but I push it back. I guess it's good to know. We can be friends again eventually when the time is right.

"Master Nate, do not worry. You were interested in the other girl. That is alright. If it's because of the kiss, it's fine. It was only for English class. You may still have fun with other girls."

Nate looked like he wanted to break something. Was he alright? He was about to open his mouth when Julie called us. Nate groaned and looked at me.