The Screams All Sound The Same

Sollux tried to will his hands to stop shaking as they brushed through Eridan's hair. The usually soft locks were thick with dirt and blood, and the feeling made him want to gag, but he didn't let himself. He had to be strong for Eridan.

Violet blood soaked into his pants, chilling him to the core. Eridan was smiling up at him still, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find the strength to smile back.

"You'll be okay." The words slipped past his lips before he could stop them, and Eridan let out a wheezing laugh.

"Sol, my insides are on the outside. I'm not gonna be okay." Tears welled in his eyes at the sea dweller's words.

"You have to be okay." He placed his hand on Eridan's cheek. "Pleathe be okay."

A quaking, bejeweled hand was placed over his own, and the dam broke. Sobs shook his body as he held his dying lover close, but his stubbornness refused to let Eridan die. He looked up at the others, watching on silently, and begin to scream.

"What the fuck are you all doing? Don't jutht fucking thtand there, help him! God damnit, HELP HIM!" One by one, they each looked away from the grieving troll. Feferi burst into tears, but he didn't care. He looked back down at Eridan, his tears flowing freely. Eridan moved his hand slowly upwards and wiped a tear from his face, unintentionally smearing a cool violet streak across his cheek bone.

"Don't wworry so much, Sollux." Eridan smiled once more, and the sight of his teeth, stained with his own blood, was enough to make Sollux puke. He swallowed back the bile and hugged Eridan closer.

"I won't let you die." He shut his eyes tightly, and a pair of bloodied lips pressed against his own. He returned the gentle kiss the best he could, trying desperately to convey how much he loved the dying troll. All too soon, it came to an end and Sollux opened his eyes once more.

"Don't wworry, lovve." Eridan's breath slowed, and his eyelids fluttered weakly. "I'll see you wwhen you fall asleep."

Sollux shook his head and clung desperately to the hope that Eridan would live, because Eridan had to live. But all too soon, his eyelids slid shut and his breath stopped. Sollux choked on a sob and held the body to his chest.

His wails echoed around him, and he was left alone.