"Morning sunshine!"

My mum had the tendency to call me sunshine every morning, I really don't know why. Maybe it was because I was the only person left in her life that made her happy and would brighten her day. 

I get off of the bed and walk to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I finished, I walk back to my room, sorting through my clothes trying to pick something to wear. The black Vans hoodie catches my eye along with some dark blue jeans. It doesn't take long to slip them on. As soon as I've finished dressing, I make my way down stairs passing through the kitchen to grab a bite of the toast my mum had on a plate on the kitchen table.

"Where do you think you're going?" She stops me. 

"School, where else?" I answer with a mouth full of toast, waiting for her to go on about how I'm not supposed to eat with my mouth full.

"Don't you want me to drive you?"m

"It's fine, I feel like walking today." I'm a senior now. I don't need my mum to keep driving me to school, this is a way to start becoming independent. Besides, walking is a rather good morning exercise. 

Today I feel confident for some unknown reason, I feel good. I walk out of the house and begin walking to school, it would be an hour long walk to think about things. There's no need to worry about getting there late. After all, I did have first period off and it was only 7:30 am and second period started at 8:45 am.

...

The walk was long, although it did help clear my mind from things. I got to thinking that maybe Harry moved away. Missing school for a week would really have no excuse. Then again he could have been sick or something, but he didn't look any sick to me the last time I saw him. Only the possible explinations cloud my mind. 

I finally get to the front doors of the school ten minutes before second period begins. The free time I have is useful toorganize my locker in the meanwhile. During my spare time I do just that, organizing my locker. Two minutes into it I hear a couple footsteps at the end of the hallway. They don't really catch my atttnion since I'm sure there are teachers just walking around or staff, what would I know?

The footsteps become louder and closer when all of a sudden they stop.

"Louis?" The voice comes from about five lockers away, his voice is deep, soothing at the same time, and I've heard this voice before. It's all too familiar. 

I turn to look and there he is, his dark green eyes just gazing my way and his dark pushed back hair that curls at the tips. Harry.

"Are you talking to me?" I say, pointing towards my chest and realise how stupid I sound since he just called me by my name and we're the only ones in the hall, again. How would he know my name in the first place? French class perhaps.

"You're name is Louis, isn't it?" He says as he lifts up one eyebrow with his lips in a flat line.

"Y-yeah."

"What are you doing out here? Don't you have class or something?" Is it any of his business what I'm doing out here? 

"No." I coldly reply.

"Oh." It's silent for a bit, awkward silence.

"That used to be my friend's locker, you know?" Harry points at my locker. Friend's locker? 

"What?" I'm caught off guard thinking he would just leave and stop talking.

"Locker 17, isn't it?" He says, pointing out the obvious as if there wasn't a number seventeen on the metal plate.