Chapter Eleven | The Secret

I THOUGHT OF MY previous question, what the hell was Bats doing at Wayne Manor?

Well, if my current hypothesis is correct, I think I have my answer.

Oh my God, there's literally no. way. There's no way! This is it. I'm absolutely crazy. Abso-freakin'-lutely crazy! Am I even listening to myself? I'm actually considering the fact that one of the most famous billionaire playboy's of all time might be Batman?!

I mean, I've met the man. Or, at least what I'm assuming is his 'daytime persona.' He's a lady-killer; the one who always had the million-dollar smile in the room. Bats was... dark. Cut off from society. Serious. If you looked up the word 'brooding' in the dictionary, a picture of him would be there.

There's just no way this can be the same guy.

Yet... something in my gut just told me he was.

I would've never even seen it, but if I look closely (like, really, really closely) they did share a lot of similar characteristics.

Even just physically, he resembles what I saw of the Dark Knight back on the rooftop. 6'2, all muscle, dark hair and blue eyes. They both have those pink lips and strong jaw. But mentally, they were both unafraid of almost anything. They could be the center of attention the second they entered a room. They both would do whatever it takes to get a task done and succeed. And, they both hated me.

That last one definitely sealed the deal.

Either he noticed my visibly pale face, or I had just been silent for too long, but Bruce snapped me from my thoughts nonetheless. "Brielle? Are you alright?"

I looked up, mouth gaped open for a moment before giving him what I hoped was a reassuring smile. I let out an airy chuckle, nervousness swirling somewhere in there if you payed close attention. "Huh? Oh, yeah, um, I'm fine. Sorry, just lost in thought for a second."

He gave me another soft smile, and other than maybe-possibly-accidentally melting inside, (oh come on, he's the Bruce Wayne, don't act like you wouldn't either) doubt swarmed over me. I knew it made sense logically, but I'm not entirely sure I wanted to believe it. I mean, are you telling me I'm staring into the eyes of Batman right now?

This is too creepy.

He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, a cheery voice rang into the kitchen.

"Brielle!"

I quickly turned to find a bright ravenette bouncing into the kitchen.

"Dick! Hey!" I greeted, eager to switch to another topic.

Dicks smile slowly fell off his face as he looked back and forth between Bruce and I. "Um, did I miss something?"

I flashed the boy a big grin. "Nope, just small talk."

His smile soon followed. "Cool. So, what brings you to the manor?"

"I was in town, figured I'd stop by," I shrugged, leaning back on the table behind me.

Inside my head, I was freaking out. Every alarm was going off and I'm pretty sure the room was starting to get a little dizzy. Adrenaline pumped through my veins, but I used the table for support as I continued to listen to Dick.