Chapter Twenty Six | The Farm

"BLACKOUT."

MY MIND RECOGNIZED my name from somewhere in the darkness.

"Blackout."

I started to stir, furrowing my brows.

"Blackout!"

I'm. Exhausted.

"Brielle!"

My eyes shot open and I took a deep breath, sitting up but immediately regretting it. I groaned, finding Bats crouched next to me.

"Wasgoinon?" I slurred, clutching my head with one hand.

"She's fine," Batman announced.

I looked around, seeing other League members and the team talking amongst themselves, and Flash using the laser gun to get Kid out from the clay trap. I turned back to Bats who stared at me intently.

"What do you remember?" he asked as he grabbed one of my arms and pulled me to my feet.

"Uh... I don't know," I muttered, hissing as I opened my palm which had a massive burn across it that was now sliced open. What's the point of these dumb gloves anyway, if they can't even do their job?

Oh yeah, now I remember.

I narrowed my eyes. "It was Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Red Tomato's ugly twin siblings."

I looked around again, trying to find where they had gone. Bats suddenly pulled out a roll of black gauze from his belt and grabbed my arm, wordlessly beginning to wrap my hand. I rolled my eyes but decided not to say anything since my hand was seriously hurting, and the gauze sounded pretty nice.

"Where did they go?" I asked, trying to distract from the slight embarrassment I was feeling at his medical attention.

He ripped the end of the gauze off and tucked the roll away. "Missing. The League will hunt them down in the next few days."

A shiver ran through my body. With my hand wrapped, I now noticed how freaking cold it was in here. My suit was made to keep in the heat, but with my hair still soaking and the rest of me overall damp, it felt like the cold was seeping into my bones.

"You should let me come with you guys," I sneered as I wrapped my arms around myself to conserve warmth. "I have something to say to those overgrown toaster ovens."

"Batman," a voice said, and I turned to find Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Green Lantern approaching us. "Seeing that everyone is relatively okay— Green Lantern, Superman, and I are prepared to begin to put parts of the cave back together."

Bats nodded, but was interrupted by Superman.

"Can you believe Red Tornado did this?" he said, looking at the damage. "I never thought he would attack kids."

I didn't pay attention to Green Lantern's response, instead closing my eyes and looking down to try and get a grip on my body, which threatened to shake from the cold. I clamped my jaw together to prevent my teeth from chattering and alerting the heroes that I was freezing.

Get it together, Brielle. You're not letting some dumb weather condition make you seem weak. Cold? Hah! Don't even know her.

"Batman, if you could direct us where to put everything back, that would be much appreciated."

I tuned back into the conversation at the sound of the Martian's voice, and suddenly felt a blanket of warmth over my shoulders. I opened my eyes and to find a slightly surprised Superman.

"Of course," Bats said as he began to lead the three heroes off into the damaged parts of the Base.

I glanced down at what was keeping me warm to find a massive, black piece of fabric. I looked up again, watching them walk away, and noticed a cape-less Batman with only the gray spandex of his suit now covering his back. I sighed in realization.