Chapter 16

"Hobi, it's too cold for this," Jimin complained as we entered Mee World, an amazing amusement park in Busan. I tucked my wallet back in my pocket and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. We treaded on the pavement, observing the many different colourful rides. One of them especially caught my eye.

"Yeah, it is, but it's not as crowded at this time of year... Plus," I pointed at a ride where fake horses on a pole were rotated in a controlled circle, "I really want to ride that."

"A fucking carousal? That's lame. How about a roller-coaster?" I gulped, looking at the Diving Coaster ride where people were screaming as they repeatedly plummeted to their near-death. "Hey, I'll be with you," he comforted after seeing my face. He squeezed my hand, but I still didn't feel reassured. Alas, I gave in to his cute face and he dragged us towards our death.

"Jimin, I'm doubting your love for me," I stated boldly as we were strapped into the ride. "I'm going to die, and it'll be your fault! You murderer!" I looked over at him with a serious expression. He bit his lip as he looked down at his feet. His behaviour is strange these days, and I can't help but worry about him sometimes. Once he noticed me staring, he perked up and smiled at me.

"Nah, I love you. You're just a wuss," he giggled, but it didn't sound like his usual giggle. I couldn't focus on him, though. I was too nervous. This is the end of me. Who would've guessed that I would spend the last moments of my life on a fucking rollercoaster?

At that moment, a loud ding sounded and the ride jolted forward. The thing slowly went up up up to the peak of the steep slope while I quickly recited my goodbye's to my loved ones. I knew what was coming and I didn't want to see it, so I squeezed my eyes shut. Suddenly, the roller-coaster dove down and took us through a series of steep drops; a loopless Hell. I screamed bloody murder and I didn't stop screaming even when my throat burned.

Jimin's screams were different. His were screams of pure joy. I just had to see his face since he sounded so cute. I wearily opened one eye and peeked over at him, ignoring the flopping of my stomach, and focusing on his overjoyed face. The wind blew through his coal black hair while he smiled and yelled at the top of his lungs with his hands up in the air. I honestly couldn't have asked for a more beautiful sight. When the ride finally came to a stop, I stopped screaming and slowly opened my other eye. Jimin showed me his beautiful eye-smile and I couldn't help but smile back, no matter how shook up I felt.

After that horrible ride, I was dragged to the Shot and Drop. "Please don't make me do this one," I begged, watching the other people on the ride being shot upwards at incredible speed. He quickly kissed my cheek and told me he loves me before pulling me to the short line. I groaned, pulling out my wallet and paying for our death. Might as well pay for the fucking funeral, too!

We had to take our shoes off and get strapped into a tight harness. The harness kept me so secure, that I felt like it was a sign. A sign of death. It's like the thick straps across my chest, abdomen and legs were screaming, "You're going to die today!" Why on Earth did I take him here? Jimin squealed in excitement right before the ride shot us skyward. I screamed at the top of my lungs, scared for my life. It was so fast, that the air in my lungs left and my stomach decided to not come up with me. I swear I'm going to throw up.

The ride abruptly stopped and slowly brought us back to Earth. Everyone else chattered happily while I focused on the grass below us. Oh, lovely Earth, how much I love your ground. We slid out of the hard plastic seats and I fell flat on my face. Jimin rushed to my side and asked if I was okay. "I hate you right now," I grumbled. I half-meant it.