Chapter 15

[small reminder that in this story, they're still fetuses]

—————————————————

"I think she's dead," one student whispered as we ate lunch in the cafeteria. I acted as if I wasn't listening to them, eating my school lunch. I smiled at Jimin, whose cheeks were stuffed with bibimbap. I giggled at his extra chubby cheeks and took another bite of my own after poking his cheek.

"You mean she was murdered," another voice yelled loudly. She was shushed by her friend as they continued her conversation about Hyuna's disappearance.

"I heard she killed herself," a third voice chimed in.

"You're all being dramatic," a feminine-sounding male said, not bothering to whisper like his friends were. "She's probably just got the flu or something." I stared at my bowl silently. Yeah, she's just sick. There's no way she's dead, right? She's just resting so she can get better. I nodded my head, agreeing with myself.

"Hobi?" Jimin leaned into my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him, still feeling a little dazed. "You okay?" I avoided his stare, suddenly feeling guilty for cheating on Hyuna. I do love her. I still love her... Maybe Jimin's just my rebound. Yeah, that must be what this is. A short thumb slowly rubbed the corner of my mouth. "You're too messy," Jimin complained with a giggle. Rebound? No way...

"I know," I replied, smiling. I examined his baby face, admiring his handsome features. His red tongue caught my attention as he licked the chili pepper paste off his lips. Without second thought, I grabbed the sides of his face and pressed my lips onto his. Innocent, yet much needed, the kiss was sweet and gentle. Squealing girls brought me back to reality, and I remembered where I was. Oh crap. Shutter sounds and flashes of light cell phones were relentlessly going off before I had the chance to detach my lips from his. Those thirsty girls aren't even trying to hide it. Have they no shame?

I attempted to pull away, only to be pulled back into the kiss. Jimin stopped for a moment, and murmured, "Who cares who sees? Everyone knows." I shook my head with a wide grin on my head. I pecked his lips twice, mumbling the word 'teachers' in between them. "True," Jimin agreed, pulling away and continued to dig into his meal. The girls made disappointed noises, which caused me to chuckle. Our 'fans' were so loud, that I could hardly hear the haters' insults; to which I was thankful.

"Which one of you got a good picture," I asked the group of fangirls. All of them started talking and squealing at once. I rolled my eyes and put a finger up to my lips, signalling for them to hush. "Okay, okay, settle down, ladies," I chuckled, "May I borrow someone's pen or marker?" About 10 girls held out their writing utensils. I examined them and took a green Sharpie pen from a random, delicate hand. I swiftly scribbled my digits down on a off-white napkin that came with my lunch. Jimin's eyes were burning a hole in my head. Jealous much? "Share the napkin, and send me the pictures," I smiled, handing the girl her pen back, along with the napkin.

"You looked awfully jealous in the cafeteria," I mentioned to Jimin as we walked under the pojangmacha.

"Well, you were giving your number to a bunch of girls!" he huffed, folding his arms across his chest. I laughed at silliness.

"I just wanted the pictures they took," I innocently informed, pulling out my cell phone. Squinting at the screen, I looked through the fifty-six photos I have received, and pulled up my favourite picture. Turning the brightness up all the way first, I handed my cell to my best– my boyfriend. A huge grin spread across his flawless face, he cheeks flushed within seconds of seeing it.