Chapter 13

We all decided to just go lay down instead of watching movies. We all went our separate ways for the night. Nixon directed Quinn and Rachael to the guest room, then went to his room with Gray. Maddox and I were sitting on my bed talking when there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door, there stood Nixon. "Hey Maddox I brought you some clothes so you didn't have to wear any for the trip." I grabbed the clothes and we thanked him before he left. 

I handed Maddox the clothes and he went to the bathroom to change. He came back out with the shirt in his hand and wearing a pair of sleep pants. I felt like I broke my jaw when my jaw dropped in awe. I finally calmed myself down, and smiled at him. I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I gave him a peck on the cheek before walking over to my dresser. I grabbed one of my over sized shirts before going into my bathroom. 

I changed into my shirt before going and sitting down next to Maddox on my bed. He looked at me for a minute before his eye went wide. I laughed for a minute before saying, "Would it make you feel better if I went and put on some shorts?" He shook his head and said, "No, you're okay." I nodded and said, Let's just talk okay?" He gave me and quizzical look before saying, "Okay?"

"I have a question." "Go for it, Vel." "The day I came to Magic High when I saw you at lunch Rache told me not to even try to talk to you, because you don't talk to anyone. So why did you respond to me that day when you wouldn't talk to anyone else?" "I don't really know. Something just drew me to you." I nodded and smiled at him. "I have another question." 

"Okay?" He said trying to get the question out of me. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want too, I'll completely understand." He nodded, not saying anything, waiting for me to ask my question. "What happened when you lived with your old foster parents?" I could see him tense up, remembering everything. "Well, uhm...They were my real parents best friends. And when my parents died they blamed me. So, when they got me, they made my life terrible. They used me as a punching dummy, and my foster dad would even let his poker buddies have their way with me in my room. And if I cried, they were allowed to do anything to make me shut up. That stuff happened for two years straight until the police were called. I was put into a orphanage for a year until Quinn's step dad came in wanting a child. And, he got me. About six months after he started dating Quinn's mom. A year after the were married. After 3 years here we are." He looked down at his wrists. 

I went to grab his hands and my fingers brushed against his wrists. Then, I felt something that made me want to cry....scars. I grabbed his arms forcefully. He shrunk back and whimpered slightly. I immediately let go. I crawled over and leaned against by back board of my bed. He turned around to look at me and I signaled for him to come towards me. 

After a hesitant moment he did. He laid his head on my lap and I started playing with his bangs. He then looked up at me and said, "Now can I ask you a question?" "Go for it." I said to him, already knowing what he was going to ask. "What did you see earlier?" "His name was Zander. I started dated him when I was 14. He was the one  that took my virginity. Even though I didn't want him too. I screamed and Nixie heard me. He came running in and tore Zander off of me. Kicking him out telling him that I was done with him and to never come back. Two weeks later some of his buddies kidnapped me. For a month and a half they used me as a sex slave before my dad finally found me." 

Maddox nodded before sitting up. He leaned on the back board next to me before pulling me onto his lap. "Looks like we're both pretty broken." He said. I nodded and said, "Hopefully one day we'll be able to fix each other completely." He looked at me with sad eyes and said, "Vel, I can't be fixed." I gave him a reassuring smile before saying, "Who told you that? Everyone can be fixed." He nodded at me before smiling back at me. 

I reached down and gently grabbed his arms, pulling his wrists towards my face. Gently kissing all his scars on one arm before moving to the other one and doing the same. Once I finished with both arms, I slowly leaned in and kissed him gently. After a few seconds, pulled away. He looks at me and says, "I have another question." I nodded at him. "Do you have any scars?" I nodded at him before saying, "Some self inflicted and others inflicted when I was kidnaped." 

He nodded and asked, "Can I see them?" I slowly nodded. I got up and turned around, slowly pulling off my shirt. I heard his breath hitch when he saw my back. My back had lots of burn scars and cut scars from where they drew tallies on my back every time I cried for help. I heard him move to get off the bed. I heard the slight pitter patter of his feet coming towards me. I felt him ghost his fingers over my back, which made me shiver slightly. 

And I said, "Then are from the kidnapping. The cut marks are from them drawing tallies every time I cried for help, and the burn marks are from them smoking and dropping the ashes on my back and them extinguishing the cigarettes on my back." I said as I started putting my shirt back on. "What about the other ones?" He asked. "Promise not to freak if I show them to you?" He nodded and I started to move the sides of my panties from my him and showed him the scars littered on my hips. He walked over to me and ran his fingers over the scars. I stepped away from him fixing my panties. 

I laid on the bed, and asked, "Can we go to bed now? I'm getting tired." Maddox climbed into the bed next to me and wrapped his arm around me. I rolled over so my back was towards him. I felt him roll over so I was pressed against his chest. He kissed my neck before asking, "Vel, what's wrong?" I rolled over and looked him in the eyes, "I already know you're going to look at me differently now. You're gonna pity me now. Every time I ask you to do something you're only gonna do it out of pity. You're only gonna kiss me because you-" "Vel, I'm going to do what you ask me to do because I love you. I'm going to kiss you because I love you. And you're still the same strong, ambitious, loving girl I talked to on your first day. The only thing that's changed is that I know more about you now. Nothing is going to change." He said. 

I felt tears start to roll down my cheeks. He saw them and wiped my eyes before leaning in to kiss me. We kissed for a few minutes before we pulled away. He looked at me and smiled before saying, "Let's go to bed, tomorrow is going to be a long day." I nodded and smiled at him before curling into his side and falling asleep. 

It's so dark here. Where am I? I heard a diabolical laugh. I recognized that laugh. It can't be...How does he have me? Where is Maddox? Then I saw him...Zander. "Are you ready to be my slave again, Velcee?" I started shaking. "No. No! NO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Mads POV)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was woken up to Vel screaming and sobbing. I grabbed her shoulders, shaking her. "Vel, wake up. Wake up, Vel." After a few minutes of this. She finally woke up. She was sobbing. I pulled her into my chest and let her cry. "Shhhhh. It's okay. It was only a dream. It wasn't real." She finally calmed down after a few minutes. "I'm sorry for waking you up." She whispered. I wrapped my arms around her before whispering, "It's okay, Babe, I'm here for you." I laid back on the bed and let her lay on me. After a few minutes she fell back asleep and so did I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?