Chapter 19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Maddox's POV)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat back and watched in horror as Velicitee and her mom fight in their shadow forms. I saw that they weren't really one uping each other for most of the fight. Then Velicitee's mom's griffin beat Thansathion. "If you don't start trying I'm going to hurt that boy your trying so hard to protect." Velicitee's mom said. Then everything went dark. And there was an entire group of people. "Kaneki, have fun." Velicitee's said. All of a sudden I heard a pained growl from what I'm guessing was the griffin. Then I heard a jingling and I bright light shown out and I saw a dark haired tall woman fall to the ground. Then I heard someone say, "Someone put my ring back on me before I lose control." Rachael found the ring and pushed it towards what I'm guessing was Velicitee. Velicitee fell to the ground passed out. The dome around us dispersed and The group of people left. I ran over to Velicitee and picked her up. Nixon walked over to the woman and picked her up. "Let's go back to the hotel." Nixon stated. We all nodded and went back to the hotel. Once we got there I took Velicitee to our room and laid her down on the bed, I started back towards the door before something caught my wrist. I turned around to see Velicitee looking up at me and said, "Please don't leave me after what you just saw." "Why would I do that Vel?" "That side of me always terrifies people..." "Vel, my heart is yours, I'm not gonna leave you." She smiled and said, "Let's go out to the others, can you help me up though?" "Here how about this. I respond picking her up, cradling her. She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck tiredly. We got into the living room as Velicitee's dad came in. "There's a surprise in your room." Velicitee said. He nodded and walked into his room. All of a sudden we heard sobs. A few minutes later, Velicitee's dad came out with the woman in his arms. "If you haven't been paying attention, that's my mom." Velicitee whispered to me. I nodded. We all went into the living room and Velicitee said "How about I cook dinner tonight?" Nixon, Gray and both of Velicitee's parents started cheering. She laughed and got out of my arms and stumbled into the kitchen. Rachael yelled "Hey you need some help getting stuff?" "Yes please." I heard Velicitee call back. Rachael walked in there and they started cooking. I went into the living room. Velicitee's mom looked at me and said, "I'm really sorry for threatening you life..." I laughed at that, "It's cool, Your daughter gives me looks that make me think she's gonna kill me so at least you're verbal about it." "Hey I heard that!" I heard Velicitee yell. I started laughing, "Love you babe!" I yelled back, "I'mma kill you later! Love you too." I heard her start laughing along with Rachael. "Oh so now your verbal about it. Two threats on my life in one day!" I heard a crash and Rachael yell, "Vel are you okay?! Stop laughing so hard you'll pass out." I chuckled shaking my head. I looked up to see everyone looking at me, Vel's parents smiling, Gray and Nixon smirking and Quinn shocked. Quinn yelled, "Thank you Vel!"She walked in with plates in her hands with a questioning look on her face. "For?" "Look at him, He's smiling, and laughing. You saw how he was before you started talking to him." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "I didn't do it for you. I did it because he looked lonely and I was curious and I wanted to prove people wrong." She said. I laughed again, "I would have been perfectly fine without you." She looked at me with a quizzical but almost angry look. "whatever." She said sitting down the plates and walking out of the room, probably to get more plates. My eyes widened and I stood up running after her. I caught up to her with ease and said, "Hey, it's was just a joke don't be mad at me." "You'd be perfectly fine without me so why does it matter if I'm mad at you or not?" "VELICITEE! UGH! STOP IT!" I yelled at her. I grabbed her waist picking her up carrying her to our room. Once we got there, I closed and locked the door. I stood in front of it. She walked over to the bathroom and closed and locked the door. A few minutes I heard sobbing. I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door, "Vel, let me in." I heard a quiet click and then the door opened. I opened it all the way and then sat down pulling her onto my lap. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me. " "It's okay." I said rubbing my hand over the back of her head, petting and running my fingers through her hair. She finally calmed down and we left the room holding hands. We saw everyone eating. "That whole seen was cause by your shadow half." Velicitee's mother said. "Oh that explains it." Velicitee replied. We ate dinner and hung out for the night everyone just talking and laughing. We all went to bed after a few hours of hanging out and went around for the next week and a half looking around and sightseeing. And all went our separate ways. "I had a lot of fun the past 2 weeks." Rachael told Velicitee's dad. "I'm glad I hope you all had fun and if you guys decide you want to come back you're always welcome." My dad said with a wide smile. I walked toward Velicitee and said, "I'm going to go home and unpack. I might come back later." She smile widely and nodded and Quinn, Rachael and I left. I think everything will finally be calm and happy. That's better than I've ever been able to say. Thanks to Velicitee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the last chapter of Magic High. I hope you enjoyed the book. I'm going to post and Authors note about the sequel if anyone wants that information.