Chapter 9: Let's Pretend

**[UNEDITED 161026]

-----

"He wanted him to quit the company."

Quit the company.

Quit.

"Mwoya?!"

"W-what are you saying?"

"Come again?!"

All the eyes were on him. Jaws dropping to the floor. Breath hitched.

I cough pretentiously, "A-am I hearing this right? Oppa, you're telling a joke, aren't you?" My eyes glued into his, hoping he would tell us that it's not true but what I witnessed is just a dead seriousness. "Oppa.."

He sighed, eyes narrow to the floor, "Manager-hyung bumped into me and asked me to discuss with him about Kai's current condition. I tried to come up with any lies, I swear, but then he got a call from hospital and.. that's when he found everything out," he trails off. Leaving us with an utter shock.

"ㅡHe thought that quitting him for now would make the fans believe that it's Kai himself, who wanted to leave due to the tragedy happened to him few months back and not because he was kicked out. You see, he also told me not to let the outsiders know about his amnesia or not, there will be more wild gossips spreading."

That's an acceptable reason, but still...

"But, that's too harsh! He can't just dropped him out of this group as easy as that!" Minseok rebelled.

Suho tried to calm him down by holding his shoulders, "I know, Minseok. That's what I said to him too. B-but, you know how strict he is. He already signed the lawsuit and I can't do anything.."

"WhaㅡNo! No, this can't be happening! Jongin cannot leave this group! I'm not approving any of this." Kyungsoo said with a stern voice. Even the quiet-Kyungsoo-oppa is getting hot by this news.

I've never seen this side of himㅡunless when Chanyeol and Baekhyun annoyed him, that's an exception.

"Yeah! We can't let him quit no matter what! Suho-hyung, can't you beg Soo Man for another chance? He only listens to you out of all us here." Sehun then asked with pleading eyes.

Unfortunately, those unresistable eyes won't change the mind of Lee Soo Man.

Only but earning a defeat sigh from the latter. "Sehun-ah, you know it's useless. What he say goes. There's nothing we could do," he said, "A-and, I'm sorry, guys. I'm such a bad leader. Really, really.. sorry. I'mㅡ"

Kyungsoo hissed at the situation and abruptly make a stand that is enough to catch our attentions. He straightly dashed out the practice room, slamming the door behind him. "Yah! Kyungsoo-ya, where are you going?" Chanyeol shouted in attempt to stop him but only getting ignored in return. He pouted, "I think he's sulking."

"Let him be. He's just frustrated, that's all." says Jongdae as he lean his back on the couch and sighed.

I feel bad for him, though.

I pat Suho on the back softly before he could blurted any words out of his mouth, "Gwenchanha, oppa. The things happened is not because of your fault, okay?" he nodded slowly.

"We.. will have to pay a visit for Jongin tomorrow to get him sign in the contract papers." he mumbled under his breath that it still sounds clear through the silence in the practice room.

"I miss my bro.." says Sehun pathetically.

"You're not alone, Sehun." They chorused.

With that, all of them emit a long, deep, audible sigh that is accurately expressing their current mood right now; feeling so helpless about the situation now. I was more than sad and frustrated. It's Jongin we're talking about, it must be hurtful for him to let him know that he can no longer be in EXO, be the idol star like he dreamt of.