Chapter 5

"We should get going. It's two and it's a long drive back." Patty said with no emotion.

"Okay. We can come back though right?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes Caitlyn. We can definitely come back." Patty said in a slightly happier voice. "Now let's go so I can get you all pretty for your little date."

"I can't believe I'm going out on a date with Bry."

"I can't either." Patty muttered quietly probably hoping I wouldn't hear. "Well you said yes and you can't go back now..." Patty said so I could hear it this time while starting the car.

*zzzz* *zzzz* "Whose texting me now?" I read the message. "Ugh!"

"What's up Caitie? Who texted you?"

"It's her.."

"What? Are you serious? What does she want?" Patty said pretty angrily.

"Well she says, 'Hey now that you have someone why don't We just go out on a double date? See you at the Olive Garden at 7:30! Much love!'" I said imitating her voice.

"Well then.. Did Brian say where he's taking you?"

"No. Let me call him."

*ring* *ring* "Well hello Caitlyn!" Bry said a little to excitedly.

"Hey. Just wondering where are you taking me to dinner?"

"To the Olive Garden! Aren't you excited?"

Damn.. "Yeah I'm excited. Loads." I said in a fake excited tone.

Patty scoffed. He could tell I was lying.

"Alright well I'm almost home. So I'd better go."

"Alright bye, love."

"Bye." I hung up.

"DAMMIT!" I yelled.

"What?" Patty asked while laughing.

"We're going to the Olive Garden!"

"Oh hell..."

"Patty she thinks I'm with you! Oh no! What if she shows the picture of me you you to Bry? I'm so screwed." I shook my head.

"I hope she does." Patty muttered quietly and rudely. I could barely hear it, which means I wasn't meant to.

"What as that?"

"Nothing. Nothing."

"Patrick Walters, you tell me right now!" I said in a loud voice.

"Fine! Fine! I said I hope she does show Bry the picture, maybe he'd get the picture."

"What picture? Patty, get what picture?"

"THAT I LIKE YOU!" Patty yelled frustrated.

"What?" That's all I could make come out of my mouth.

"I like you. Ok?"

"Well that's a plot twist and a half..."

"Yeah no kidding."

"What happened to you and Dottie? I thought you really liked her?" I asked in hopes of him still liking Dottie.

"I did, Caitlyn she dumped me because she figured out that I..." Patty trailed off.

"Oh.. Look I'm gonna call Brian and call this off ok? Me and you are gonna have a talk. Alright?"

I seen a sparkle in his eye. "Really?" His voice was filled with hope.

"Yes Patty. Now make gagging sounds and cough a lot." I ordered.

"Gotcha." Patty winked.

I pulled my phone out and called Brybri.

*ring* *ring* "Hello?"

"Hey, Bry."

"What's wrong?" Bry asked in a caring voice.

"I can't go out with you right now. Patty's really sick." I looked at Patty and nodded he started gagging right on cue. "I'm really sorry. I better go. I think he's gonna puke." I pulled the phone off my ear and yelled, "Not on the couch!"

"Oh well that's ok. I guess I better let you get back to him. Well good bye Caitlyn." His voice dripped with sadness.

"Bye Brian." I said in a hurried voice.

"Well that was easy."

"Yeah."

By the time we'd finished with the drama of meeting her at the restaurant, Patty admitting to liking me and lying to Bry, we were finally at home.

"Come on let's go inside. I don't want the neighborhood to hear this."

"Ok.."

Once we got inside and took our shoes off I told Patty something that would break his heart.