Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning with Patty at the end of my bed watching me sleep.

"Patty Walters, what are you doing watching me sleep?"

"Well Caitlyn Williams, I am waiting for you to wake up." Patty said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Well, I'm awake now. So get out I need to get dressed." Patty walked out into the rest of the house we lived in.

Two minutes later I heard a banging on my door, followed by, "CAITLYN! I'm so bored and lonely! Hurry up!"

"I would hurry up if you stopped banging on my door!" I snapped back.

"Hurry, seriously, we are late! We were supposed to be at Emma's 15 minutes ago!" Patty whined.

I walked out of my room, grabbed my phone and keys and walked to the door without saying anything to Patty. He followed.

"I'm driving." I said. "Your driving frightens me. No offense."

Patty mocked a hurt look and said, "I am not a scary driver if anything you are!"

"Patty! You drive on the wrong side of the road. You have to remember that we do not live in the US anymore." I stated.

We both got in the car, a '67 Chevy Impala. I turned the radio on, Patty and I belted out the lyrics.

After about 30 minutes we were at Emma's. Patty looked at me before we left the car and he looked serious. "Caitlyn, you have an amazing voice. How come you only sing with me in a car or at home? With no one else around?"

"Patty, I can't sing that well. I'm not you." I said seriously and went inside. I heard Patty sigh angrily and slam the door before he followed me inside. He hates it when I put myself down, it's not my fault he sees things that aren't really there. He always tries to make me feel better about myself but, it never works.

Everyone is already inside. "Hey!" I said to Luke, Emma, Jason, Marina, and BriBry. "Sorry it took us so long, Patty decided to watch me sleep instead of wake me up." I explained.

Patty walked in. "It's not my fault! You looked so cute and peaceful!" Patty said a little embarrassed. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Ooh La La!" Jason said in a sing-song voice. Marina smacked him, then winked at me.

Patty and I spent all day at Emma's house. But when it got late it was time to go home.

"Bye everyone!" I said lazily.

"Bye guys!! I MISS YOU ALREADY!" Patty yelled.

A few 'byes' and 'I miss you too' muttered.

As Patty and I were backing out of the drive way Patty opened his window stuck his face out and yelled. "I LOVE YOU!"

"WE LOVE YOU TOO PATTY! Even you Caitlyn!" Everyone yelled Patty and I just laughed.

"Alright Patty, what time is it?"

"Um.. I don't know.." Patty said pulling out his phone. "It's 2:34 in the morning."

"What?!" I yelled.

Patty laughed. "Yeah.." Patty trailed off. "Hey Caitlyn?"

"Yeah?" I asked, still paying full attention to the road.

"Well do you think so low of yourself? I mean you are beautiful, amazing, lovely, strong, a wonderful singer, and my best friend. There is no reason to think bad of yourself."

This really hits me. "Patty can we talk about this at home? I wanna have all my attention on driving." I said quietly.

"Yeah sure.."

We were quiet for the rest of the ride.

As soon as we got home I turned off the car and went inside.

"Hey Caitlyn?" Patty asked. "We're home. Can we talk now?"

"Yeah.." I said slowly.

"I really care, and I really want to know this. Why do you think so low of yourself?" Patty asked so seriously, the most serious I've ever seen him.

"Patty, do you remember in seventh grade when I was getting really bullied?" Patty nodded. "Well everything that happened kind of stuck, being told to kill myself, the names. Everything. Being a little bigger than all the other girls. It made me feel worthless, when no one liked me.. You were my only friend growing up Patty that stayed with me and never hurt me or left me or even bullied me like everyone else. Even being around someone as beautiful as Marina or Emma.. It makes me feel just like I did in seventh grade." I said. I had a little tear falling down my face unlike Patty, who had many.

Patty pulled me into a right hug and just cried with me. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm so sorry." Was all he said. Over and over again. I fell asleep in his arms on our couch.

A/n: I updated late because I have stuff going on but I thought that I should upload this tonight so yeah.. This chapter is pretty deep and sad. If any of you need someone to talk to about anything, I'm always here to talk :) don't be afraid.