Chapter 11: His way

My eyes travelled up and down his body, taking in everything. He was dressed in practically the same outfit as the night I had first met him and I felt a sinking sensation in my stomach. In his left hand he was clutching a black balaclava and in his right, a gun.

'No, no, no, no,' I muttered repetitively under my breath, willing it not to be true.

'Daisy, please,' Niall rasped his voice weak. I shyly looked up and met his grim gaze. His eyes lacked the same sparkle.

'No Niall, get away from me,' I rubbed my uneasy stomach. 'You're a murderer!'

'Shhh don't go shouting that,' he hissed stepping closer to me. I moved away from him until my back scraped against the jagged concrete wall.

'Niall why? Why are you killing again?' Tears swelled in my eyes and I sniffed, blinking rapidly to clear my sight. I would not let him see me cry again.

'I have to,' he said simply, with no remorse in his tone.

'You don't,' I screamed erratically and he placed a hand carefully over my mouth, his eyes wide.

'Daisy, you don't understand,' he sighed, uncovering my mouth and tucking the gun held in his right hand in the back of his trousers.

'You kill people for a living, what more is there to understand?' I cried incredulously, pressing myself against the wall even harder. He stopped a few inches away from me, his eyes desperate.

'Yes and no,' he shrugged, placing his hands on the wall beside my head. 'I kill them but they're not martyrs, Daisy, they are killed for a reason. They aren't innocent.'

'Right,' I began, dipping my head underneath his arm and stepping away, 'so basically you deserve to die too.'

A hushed silence fell upon us. 'No.'

'Well yes, they were killed by you because they weren't innocent, they hurt others,' I stated.

'Yes.'

'So by you killing them, that makes you not innocent,' I continued.

'I guess.'

'So then who is going to kill you?' I questioned, my stomach churning. He was silent for a minute.

'Trust me, there are people who want to,' he said, running a hand through his hair roughly. 'That's why I need to go sort them out.'

'And where are your gang?' I asked, the thought of him going alone did not appeal to me.

'Austin and Ollie have other business to attend to. Sam and the others think I've gone with them,' he shrugged. 'I'm more than capable of doing it all myself.'

'Who is it?' I asked.

'No one you know,' he looked away from me now, refusing to meet my gaze.

'What have they done?'

'Stuff. Trying to become competition to Scorpion, hurting people I know and picking a fight with my gang. That doesn't roll with me,' he rubbed his hands together.

'Has he killed anyone?' I asked, my voice small.

'Not yet.'

'Then please, don't kill him Niall,' I barely whispered, fiddling with my fingers.

'What?' He lifted my chin up and forced my eyes to meet his.

'Don't kill him,' I mumbled, staring into his ocean irises.

'And let him carry on the way he is? No thanks, that puts hundreds of people in danger,' Niall argued, kicking a rock against the gravel and huffing.