17.

part seventeen,
three-hundred and seventeen days after- ;

jungkook hated parties.

he hated everything about them. the stench of alcohol, the hookups, the music, meeting new people, he hated all of it. he found it hard to understand why people found the pleasure in getting wasted and not remembering their actions when they awoke the next morning, but jungkook was a hypocrite.

and jungkook couldn't complain, he had a cup of vodka in hand and that was all he cared about anyways.

jungkook sat on the leather sofa, slowing taking sips of his beverage as a girl clung to his side, he didn't know her name. he did not feel any spark, nor any lust as she slowly dragged the tips of her fake nails and up and down his torso.

"so, what's your name?" she had asked, purring into his ear and rubbing her thigh against his own. jungkook replied, not sparing her even a glance as his eyes traveled around the crowded room as they started to droop, and jungkook didn't know if it was because he was tired or if it was because he was drunk.

"jungkook why don't we have some fun, you have barely looked at me all night" she continued, sticking out her bottom lip in an overly-dramatic pout, and jungkook mentally rolled his eyes at how fake she was. the boy didn't know why he hadn't left yet, maybe he was liking the attention way to much, not that he showed it.

"pour me a shot and let's get fucked up then" jungkook sighed after a period of silence, standing up as he wiped away droplets of vodka from his ripped jeans.

thus as to why jungkook was now here, with the unnamed girl as they sat alone together on a bed upstairs, empty shot glasses surrounding them as well as the half-empty bottle of cheap tequila. the boy thought she was annoying, but he enjoyed her company as she laughed at his drunken jokes, she was the only girl who didn't pester him about his personal life or complain about him being depressed.

"well this has been fun, whoever you are, but i think it's time for me to go" jungkook said after another shot of the same cheap tequila, he stood up quickly as the world started to spin around him. the maknae's balance was poor as he shuffled over his feet, nearly falling flat on his face but catching himself when the unnamed girl took ahold of his ghostly wrist.

turning around he came face to face with her, and it felt like this was the first time he truly looked at her all night. she wasn't beautiful nor was she ugly, and even though jungkook didn't care for her name he knew that someday a guy would be lucky to have her, even if it wasn't him.

"jungkook," she started, pulling the boy down closer and forcing him to lay upon the bed yet again, "no one looks back on their life and remembers the night they got plenty of sleep."