10.

part ten,
one-hundred and one days after- ;

jungkook felt uncomfortable, he couldn't stop fidgeting in the seat as his leg repetitively bounced up and down from under the small coffee table. he continued to stare around the small coffee shop, unable to actually focus on the subject that he came here for.

jimin sat across from him, a bored expression on his face as he rested his jaw in the pit of his palm, staring at the nervous jungkook.

"can you stop fidgeting around, it isn't like we are strangers" jimin murmured, lifting his head from his grasp and reaching over to grab his coffee mug. the youngest looked up sheepishly at jimin, halting his bouncing leg as he glared at the boy.

"we may as well be strangers" he muttered, reaching over to grab his glass of water, gulping it down to cure his parched throat. the oldest took a slow sip of his coffee, placing the mug down delicately as he raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"seriously jungkook get over it, you're an adult now, i miss my best friend" jimin rose his voice, growing irritated with the maknae as he ran a hand through his soft locks in a stressful matter. jungkook placed down his glass harshly on the wooden table, catching the attention of many around them, not that he cared.

"get over it? jimin how do you expect me to get over it? how do you expect me to still call you my best friend after all you have done?" jungkook's voice rose with every question, his ears turning a bright shade of red with pure anger. jimin grew insecure of the pair, he didn't like disturbing the bystanders surrounding them, he wanted to calm the boy down but he didn't know how to.

"jeez, the vodka must be giving you anger issues" jimin muttered under his breath, not expecting nor wanting jungkook to hear but he knew it was too late when jungkook's features grew red with rage, teeth clenched as the youngest tried to hold back.

"jungko-"

"excuse me?" jungkook said harshly, a scowl dressing his face as he clenched his fists beside him. the eldest reached his palms forward, ready to calm the frustrated boy down, not wanting to cause a scene.

"i'm joking jungkook" jimin whispered, placing his palm on the others shoulder, only to be rejected as jungkook shrugged it off. jungkook's cheeks flushed even brighter and his eyes sparkled with ferocity, he was as angry as a bull, and it was taking his all to attempt to serene himself.

the sound of a small bell rang through the coffee shop, not catching the attention of anyone except jungkook. the furious boy lifted his gaze from what he used to call a friend, to the front door, where a girl made her way inside, closing her bright yellow umbrella and rubbing her palms together to form a source of warmth.

jungkook sunk in his seated position, eyes never leaving the girl as she brought down the same colourless face mask, letting it hang below her chin like it did all of those days ago. the anger flushed against jungkook's cheeks began to fade, only to be replaced with a different kind of flush, a blush.

the youngest didn't know why he had blushed, he hadn't since he was with eunbin. he was so mesmerised on the voluptuous girl that jimin caught onto his stare, turning around to gaze at the girl with the large, beautiful eyes.

"don't look at her like that" jungkook growled, clenching and unclenching his fists repetively as jimin looked her up and down, wanting so bad to wipe that smirk off of jimin's pale face. jungkook didn't want jimin to stare at haneul like that, haneul had told him that she would be there for him when he needed it most, and only him.

"i should've known" jimin sighed, turning back aground and taking a sip of his coffee once again, closing his eyes contently at the taste. jungkook's eyes snapped back to the eldest as haneul went to pay for her beverage, she still hadn't noticed him.

"should've known what?" jungkook asked with a scowl, the anger towards his best friend returning fast. jimin placed his mug back onto the wooden table, opening his eyes to stare at jungkook intensely.

"that you would move on."