13.

part thirteen,
three-hundred and sixty-one before- ;

jungkook's nose scrunched up when he first stepped into the crowded house. his ears were attacked by the blaring of music and his chest thumped with every drop of the song. jungkook needed a drink.

jimin smiled widely along with taehyung, the pair were excited to finally get some time where they could talk to girls, party and drink all night long. jungkook wasn't interested in all of this, and he instantly craved for a cigarette.

"guys i am going to go and have a smoke" jungkook yelled to the others over the blaring of music. jimin's eyes widened at the maknae's words, before he instantly reached an arm out to grasp jungkook's wrist, forcing him to stay put.

"no you aren't, relax with us for a little bit at least" jimin begged, watching as the boy rolled his eyes but chose to stay nonetheless. jungkook didn't know why he stayed, he didn't even want to be here and nor was he afraid of standing up to jimin.

"whatever" jungkook muttered, crossing his arms over his chest as he followed the pair into the lounge-room, where the party was already in full swing. it didn't come as a surprise to the youngest as he gazed over the many individuals dancing amongst each other, some on tables and some sucking each other's faces off.

jungkook scolded with disgust, grabbing a cup of alcohol that someone handed to him and sculling down a large mouthful. taehyung turned around to stare at the grumpy jungkook, why wouldn't he just have some fun?

"why don't you go and dance jungkook, you used to love dancing" jimin suggested, nudging the youngest to the direction of the pile of sweaty bodies, jungkook grimaced and flinched away from the resistant boy.

"yeah, i used to. just leave me alone, i don't even want to be here" jungkook whined, inching towards that cigarette he was waiting for. jimin rolled his eyes, and the maknae knew he was at the point of giving up. taehyung was nowhere to be found, he had found a lovely raven haired girl and decided to dance himself.

"just let loose jungkook, it isn't that hard" jimin continued, nudging the annoyed boy's shoulder with his fist lightly. the scowl never left jungkook's face, and he knew he had had enough. without another word he tuned his back to the boy, walking over to the front door where he would leave to indulge in a cigarette. jimin didn't even try to stop him this time.

"fucking jimin" jungkook muttered under his breath, clutching his packet of cigarettes as he walked down the stairs of the residents and onto the dead grass.

eunbin looked over her shoulder at jungkook's words, she had been indulging in her own cigarette on the front lawn. jungkook's face contorted in yet another scowl when he saw the girl standing there against the bricks, he remembered her from the front of the office complex, and he remembered that she annoyed him.

"long time no see" eunbin said, bringing her cancer stick away from her lolly lips as she breathed out a puff of smoke. jungkook ignored her but stood next to the girl nonetheless, opening his packet of cigarettes and taking out the last one.

"it does't take a lot of effort to be nice, ya' know" eunbin whispered, letting her gaze rise to the millions of stars shining in the night sky, she liked stars, it reminded her that even in perpetual darkness there was something that shone light.

"it takes me a lot of effort to be nice" jungkook replied, side-glancing the girl, he didn't know her name. the boy felt at ease when the smoke crowded his lungs, and all of the frustrated towards jimin and taehyung went away, but it was still there for the strange girl.

"eunbin" she muttered, and jungkook nodded.

"jungkook"

"do you like stars jungkook?" eunbin asked, rotating her body to lean on her side against the dirty bricks of the house. jungkook continued to side-glance her, and it was hard for the youngest to divert his gaze from her breasts that were innocently pushed together by her pale arms.

"no" jungkook replied, his cheeks tinging a small shade of peach as he looked away, blowing out a string of smoke into the cool winter wind. eunbin smirked, running a hand through her hair and dropping her cigarette, squashing it with the heel of her shoe.

"i sense lies" she sang, and jungkook shifted in his standing position. this girl was strange, he thought to himself, but if she was so strange then why couldn't he bring himself to leave, to just simply walk away.

jungkook gulped as eunbin brought a finger to his jawline, running the pad of her index finger along the slight stubble forming as a result of not shaving in a few days. the boy's breathing grew heavy as eunbin ran her finger down a prominent vein in jungkook's neck, and the girl didn't stop as she continued to lower her finger.

it was then when jungkook realised his frustration wasn't in a form of anger.