Epilogue

Clarke's POV;
5 years later

"Clarke!"

My head turns towards the sound of my name as it echoes down the quiet corridor breaking the peaceful silence.

Deciding that the voice didn't sound too urgent I continue with what I am doing until my name rings out once again.

"Clarke please come here!"

Rolling my eyes I set down my sketchbook on the table in front of me and rise from my seat. I exit my room and walk directly to the source of the voice. I don't have to search as I know exactly where it is coming from.

I stop in front of the door and pause for a moment, not knowing what to expect. Once I open the door I definitely know I wasn't expecting this.

"Lexa! What are you doing?"

Standing in front of me is Lexa holding up a giggling two year old boy by his ankles so he is dangling in mid-air.

"Please make this child behave." She says to me plainly, as if what she is doing is completely normal.

"Lexa put him down!" I say to her in utter disbelief.

"Not until he promises not to steal my war paint again." She says continuing to hold up the boy and showing no signs of exertion.

At a closer inspection I then notice that not only does the boy have black paint all over his hands but it is also all over Lexa's clothes and there is a small hand print on the side of her face.

Trying to stifle a laugh I do my best to him a disapproving look but I know it fails.

"Okay seriously put him down before all the blood rushes to his head. Octavia will kill us if something happens to her son." I say looking back at Lexa with a smile on my face.

Sighing loudly Lexa gently lowers him down until he is lying down on his back. In a flash he jumps to his feet and tries to run past me but I catch him just in time.

"Woah! Where do you think you're going?" I ask as he struggles to get out of my grip.

Finally getting a good hold on him I honker down in front of him so that we are at eye level.

"Aunty Lexa is lying!" He shouts and I hear Lexa scoff loudly in the background.

"Are you sure about that?" I ask him, raising his hand so he can see how black it is.

"Yes!" He shouts again not giving in.

"Bellamy what did I tell you about lying?" I say to him trying not to laugh and remain serious.

"To only lie it if it gets you money?" He says straight away.

Honestly I'm not even taken aback by what he said as I know who told him it.

"No that's what Aunty Raven says about lying. What do I say about lying?"

"No matter how small a lie is it can still hurt someone." He says looking the ground ashamed.

I quickly pull him into me and plant a kiss on his forehead.

He bears a striking resemblance to what his uncle used to look like, with his curly brown hair and dark irises. I can tell already he is going to grow up to be a very handsome young man.