Memories

Lexa's POV;

You don't know her why are you reacting like this?

I pace back and forth in my own tent reliving what I had walked in on not ten minutes ago.

Stop! You're being weak!

The dull throb that has now been gone for weeks begins to slowly form back into my head as my relentless pacing continues.

Sighing and rubbing my face with my hands I take a seat on my throne in an attempt to calm myself down but it proves useless as my breathing only quickens and the pain only grows.

I put my head in my hands and groan loudly because of my frustration and the excruciating pain that is now spreading from my head down my back.

How can this girl take away my pain for weeks but then with one simple action bring it back but 10 times worse? How can she have such an effect on my when I don't even know her?

But I guess that's it. I feel as if I do know her. I feel as if I have known all my life and I know I want to know her for the rest of it.

I ignore the sound of the tent fabric rustling, putting it down to the wind and I remain with my head in my hands.

The incident plays over and over in my head, each time bringing a new wave of agony.

I can't stand this. Anger overtakes my body and a few tears escape my eyes as I reach down and grab the dagger Anya once gave me during my training as her second.

I let out a loud yell as I throw the dagger at the tent fabric with all my might. It pierces into the side of the tent and hangs there, swaying slightly.

"Lexa?"

I snap my head around to the source of the voice. It's her.

"Are you alright?" She asks, her voice layered with concern.

I just stare at her astounded by how naturally she can talk to me. Normally people fear me so much it shows in their speech but not her.

I clear my throat before I decide to speak up, wiping a few stray tears from my cheeks.

"What are you doing here Clarke?" I croak out.

Instead of answering my question, Clarke looks over to the dagger and the hole it has now ripped in the side of my tent.

"What did the tent ever do to you?" She laughs, trying to diffuse the tension that has now built up to an unbearable level.

"Listen Lexa.." I wouldn't normally allow someone to call me by my first name but the way it rolls off her tongue is so enticing.

"You don't need to explain anything to me Clarke, you are but a visitor in my village I cannot control what you do. You are not one of my people and I am not your commander." I state hoping that she will ignore all my strange behaviours.

"You're wrong. There is so much I need to explain to you."

I look up to Clarke with an eyebrow raised at her words. When our eyes finally meet my pain becomes minuscule once again but I can still feel it's presence just waiting to jump back out at me.

As we stand in silence I take the opportunity to study the strange being standing in front of me.

There is a large bruise present on her jaw from where Indra's previous second had punched her. However most of the injuries I see are through her shimmering blue eyes. I can see the sadness and the anguish that swims around in her ocean coloured irises. I can see it all so clearly that I feel as if it has become my own.