Bad Timing

Clarke's POV;

"You've slept long enough."

I jerk awake at the sound of a mans voice in such close proximity to me. The first thing I notice when I open my eyes is that I'm back in the healers tent. Why do I seem to always end up here?

After piecing together my location I look for the source of the voice and find Bellamy standing at the end of my bed.

"Let's go." He says bluntly and he begins to walk towards the exit.

"Wait!" I shout after him and he stops abruptly, turning round to me and raising an eyebrow.

I'm not really sure why I asked him to stop. I guess things have just been really icy between ever since we first came to Ton DC and I hate the fact that we are drifting apart.

"Please just hear me out." I ask him, gesturing for him to sit on the end of my bed.

I notice the stinging pain I get in my jaw as I speak and the memory of Octavia punching me square across the face flashes into my mind. I'll have to talk to her about that later...

Bellamy does as I ask as he takes a seat as far away as he can get from me even though we are on the same bed. The distance between us seems gigantic and I can't stand these problems niggling away at our friendship any longer.

"I don't want us to be like this anymore." I say quietly as he finally settled comfortably on the bed.

He just looks at me so I continue on hoping I will eventually get a response.

"I've explained to you what happened Bell-"

"No you didn't. You explained that you, and I quote 'didn't mean to overdose'." He snaps back sarcastically.

I'm slightly taken aback by the harshness of his words but try my best to keep it from showing.

"That's what happened and I know you probably don't believe me but I never meant to hurt anyone. I never meant to hurt you." I state.

I can see his gaze soften as he listens to what I'm saying but it's obvious he is still angry.

"I believe you." He says quietly.

I start to smile at his response but it's all to soon as he begins to speak again.

"I believe you, but I still can't understand why you took the pills in the first place. We were there for you. I was there for you. All you had to do was ask."

I look down at my lap ashamed of my actions and not knowing how to respond to his somber words.

"We all left for you Clarke, not Raven or Octavia but for you. We gave our lives in Camp Jaha for you." He continues quietly.

I can feel the tears starting to fill up in my eyes but I don't want them to fall. I don't want Bellamy to think he is hurting me. The only one doing that is myself.

"I'm sorry." I croak out still trying to keep it all in.

Bellamy must notice me struggling as he edges closer to me and wraps me up in a warm and comforting hug.

As soon as his arms wrap around me the floodgates seems to open and I just let it all out. I let out my guilt and my pain because I know if I hold it in any longer it could all explode.

After a while of sitting sobbing in his arms Bellamy pulls back and look down at me with his big brown eyes. He uses his thumb to wipe away a stray tear that has fallen and I close my eyes. It feels nice to be this close to someone again.

However as I let my eyes flutter open again I notice that Bellamy now has his own closed and he is leaning in getting closer and closer to me every second.

Before I can even react Bellamy's lips connect with my own but now it feels different than before. Maybe it is because I wasn't expecting it to be Lexa this time but this feels like what I need right now.

I begin to kiss him back and I let my hand drift to the back of his head, pulling him closer in an attempt to deepen the kiss further.

Just as I feel Bellamy's own hands rest onto my hips I hear the sound of the tent flaps opening and quickly pull away from him to see who interrupted us.

A small gasp leaves my mouth as I look the intruder up and down. There at the entrance to the tent stands Lexa her own mouth hanging slightly open.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to interrupt." She stutters as she turns to leave immediately. I swear I saw some pain in her eyes.

I turn around to Bellamy as what we had just been caught doing, by none other than Lexa herself, registers in my mind.

What the hell am I going to do?

~~~

Please don't hate me 😁

Ps I know it's short but I'm hoping to update later on in the week to make up for it 👌