Waiting

Lexa's POV;

It had been a full two days now since Clarke had arrived in Polis and I had bearly gotten anywhere with her. She had finally stopped whispering apologies but not yet opened her eyes.

Since Clarke had turned up the fear of an attack from the sky people had dwindle down to nearly nothing but there were still those who resented that we had taken Clarke in with such open arms.

I haven't left Clarke's side in the past 48 hours. Her mumbling had been going on during her first night here but I managed to get her to stop whenever I took her hand in mine and laced our fingers together. The feeling I got from her touch was electrifying. I just wanted her to know that she wasn't alone in whatever she was going through.

The problem that I now faced was getting her eat.

I had managed to get some water down her throat but that was hard enough as I was practically force feeding her, getting her to eat was a completely different story. She has lost a dangerous amount of weight from the time I left her at Mount Weather until now and I'm afraid she might wear away to nothing. Indra had informed me that when she found Clarke she had been passed out on the ground. The medics think this was partially from the bang she had obtained to the back of her head and to the lack of food of water in her system. It made me wonder how long she had been wandering around; lost.

It is around midday now and one of my guards comes in to inform me that food is being served. I tell him to stay with Clarke while I go get us both food.

When I return about 10 minutes later, I dismiss my guard but noting has changed. Clarke is the same as when I left; unmoving and unresponsive.

"Clarke I have some food here for you." I say hoping for a reply but getting the silence I am now used to instead.

I set the bowl down on the surface beside where she sits and kneel down beside her so that our faces are level.

"Please Clarke, I have been patient with you for two days now! I cannot wait any longer! I fear for your health!" I plead with her but still get no reply.

I'm finally getting fed up. Not with Clarke but with the fact that I cannot help her. She isn't responding to anything I do or say and it is breaking my heart. I sit down on the floor trying and failing to think of any ideas when something pops into my head out of the blue.

I get back onto my knees so that our faces are level once again and I slowly lean towards her. I press my lips against hers and my stomach does flips. I have never felt like this with anyone before.

After a while I finally start to feel Clarke kiss me back. My heart starts beating at a 100 miles per hour as our lips move in sync. As I slowly pull back, instantly missing the feeling of her lips on mine and  I look straight into her eyes. Her eyelids flutter open and she squints as the harsh light of day meets her eyes which are now so used to being closed.

I had forgotten how beautiful her scintillating blue eyes were. I could get lost in them but it didn't bother me as I could look into them for days on end. I snap out of my thoughts when I see the tears starting to well up in her eyes.

All of a sudden she burst into tears. It's like what she has been holding in for the past few days is all tumbling out now.

I quickly wrap her in a hug as she begins to shake with sobs. She cries into my chest saturating my shirt with her tears. Each sob or wail that escapes her mouth is like a dagger being twisted in my heart.

"Lexa, I'm sorry... I've done something terrible." She says between her cries.

I quietly shush her and begin to stroke her hair as she continues to cry into my chest, clinging on to me afraid I will let go.