Escape

Octavia's POV;

It has taken us a week and a few days but we are finally ready. Ready to leave Camp Jaha. None of us belong here anymore; not Bellamy, not Clarke, not Raven. It no longer feels safe like a home should.

There will be six of us leaving tonight when everyone is in there beds, hopefully never to return again. The journey will definitely be difficult with Raven, Bellamy and Clarke all injured but it can be managed.

Wick, Lincoln and I will be there to help if they need it but recently both Bellamy and Clarke's injuries have been healing well.

We have smuggled enough supplies to last us around three weeks. Lincoln will lead us to a small village he knows only a couples of days walk away where we can stock up again before deciding where to go afterwards.

The main thing is we get out of this place. Away from the painful memories and hateful stares.

Even now as Lincoln and I are eating quietly out of everyone's way I can feel the glances that are being sent towards us. Since the betrayal at Mount Weather the people in Camp Jaha haven't been pleased that Lincoln is allowed anywhere near us.

"I can't deal with this anymore." I say as I eat the last spoonful of my food.

"Only a couple more hours Octavia, that's all, then we are gone for good." Lincoln assures me, taking my hand into his own.

I smile at him gratefully. I'm so lucky to have him. I swear I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for him.

"I'm going to go in and see how Bell is doing." I say standing up from the table.

He nods at me and I quickly walk over to the entrance of the ark. I navigate my way through the familiar corridors until I arrive at the hospital. Pushing open the doors I see Raven sitting at the end of Clarke's bed laughing. Both Bellamy and Clarke are smiling brightly at her as she continues with whatever story she was telling.

"What's going on?" I ask smiling myself. It's great to see Clarke smiling, it feels as if it has been so long.

"Nothing much, just talking." Raven replies as I take the seat beside Bellamy's bed.

Bellamy, who is now completely off his pain medication, is sitting up in his bed. His leg lies straight out in front of him and there is a cast around his knee to stop him bending it.

"Ready for tonight?" I ask.

"I'm so ready." Raven says excitedly. It's going to be hard with both her and Bellamy on crutches but we should get through it.

Clarke nods from where she sits on her bed. Her back has healed quite well over the last week and thankfully Abby hasn't shown her face anywhere near her. I wouldn't know how Clarke would react if she had, her emotions have been tested so much recently that I wouldn't know what could happen.

"Maybe you's should get ready to go?" I ask hinting that we don't have a lot of time.

"Yeah sure." Raven says reaching for her crutches. "I'll go get Wick."

After she leaves the room I go over to Clarke to see if she needs help with anything.

"You okay?" I ask her quietly so Bellamy can't hear.

"I think so." She replies unsure of her answer.

Out of all six of us Clarke definitely needs to leave the most. There is no way she can live in the same place as the monster who took away the girl she loved.

"Okay guys we should be moving." Bellamy says from beside us.

I quickly grab Clarke's bag from beside her bed and lead the way out of the hospital room. Looking back I can see Clarke walking with Bellamy beside her using his crutches.

We exit the ark and walk towards the meeting point. I can see Lincoln, Wick and Raven already standing there waiting for us. The area outside the arks ruins is completely empty as everyone is either asleep our sheltering inside from the cold night air.

"Is everyone set to go?" Lincoln asks from beside the electric fence.

Everyone looks around at each other silently nodding.

"Alright then." He says.

Lincoln bends over and picks up a stick from the ground. He chucks it at the fence to make sure that it isn't on. When nothing happens he signals for us to move forward.

I squeeze between the wires first and Lincoln begins to pass me the supplies. Once all the supplies are outside and the rest of the groups squeeze through we begin to make our way to the edge of the forest.

I glance behind me just as we enter below the trees and I see that Clarke has stopped. I slowly walk up to her as she looks back at what she used to call home.

"We're going to be okay." I say, taking her hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Clarke's sighs before she looks up at me and smiles.

"I know we are."

~~~

Woohooooooo they finally left Camp Jaha!!!!!
No more Abby!! Or will there be? Who knows!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! What did you guys think?

Also did you's see the trailer for season 3? I'm actually so excited!!!

Anyway thanks for reading!!

Vote and Comment 😊