Chapter 30

You guys can hate me haha i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry for the long time before updating. I actually lost interest in writing for a little bit, and let school take control of my life. But i'm back now. I'll try to start updating more regulalry again, but no promises. Thank you all for being patient and i love you all. Please leave a comment because those really keep me writing. :) Enjoy

Later that night I sit on my bed in my room with my cell pressed against my ear. I chew on my lip as it keeps ringing and finally I hear the other end pick up.

"Hello?" I almost cry at the sound of his voice.

"Hey Jay," I say, inhaling a deep breath to stop my shaking.

"Maggie?" I can hear the shock in Jared's voice. "You called back! Oh uh one second," I hear some muffled talking and then his voice is back. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," I say with a smile. "It's been a while,"

"Yeah definitely. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to get a hold of you! Your home phone was disconnected and your mom said no visitors," Jared sighs loudly. "It was a mess. And then I heard you moved and I pretty much lost all available contact to you until I talked to the school board and they told me you were coming for the memorial,"

"Yeah," I let out a small laugh. "I'm in Wisconsin now. I wish I would have seen you before I left, I'm sorry."

"Nah, don't be sorry its okay," He paused and cleared his throat, "There was a uh a lot of stuff going on," I nodded and tears were in my eyes.

"I need someone to talk about it right now," I take a deep breath. It's true, I need someone there who knows how I feel.

"I know what you mean. A lot of people here are still suffering, but you and me were the closest people to Lacey and Ethan. We understand what wee going through a bit better then everyone else,"

"Wh-where were you when it happened?"

"I was in the science room," His voice shook slightly. "We heard the shots and the teacher just ignored what we were supposed to do and told us to get out of there." I thought about the layout of the school and realized the science room was at the exact opposite end of where the shooter went through. The east wing was hit the hardest.

"I got stuck in the bathroom and couldn't leave because I knew all the classroom doors would be locked. I was so scared because there was no bathroom lock so I just sat in the stall alone and heard everything," A few tears leave my eyes and I sniffle.

"I wish I was there to hug you," Jay says and I let out a small laugh. "You know your story was in the newspapers and all over right? I mean you wouldn't tell anybody anything so they exaggerated a lot of it, but I figured they got some of the facts,"

"Yeah, I was like famous,"

"Not the best situation to get famous off of. You'll have to deal with the press again you know? At the memorial they will swarm like flies. There is supposed to be security, but they know they can't hold all of them off," He says honestly. I grimace at that. I guess I never thought about that. "They all want to know your story,"

"Who knows, they might get it," I reply truthfully. I still have no idea what I'll say at the memorial, but I know I will mention my experience in there somewhere.

"So," Jay starts and I can tell he's grinning "Tell me about this Jake person your brother kept telling me about,"

******* **************

"You got to tell him sometime Mags," Jared scolds me. I pout at him through the phone. We've been catching up with each other for a few hours now. "He obviously cares about you and if he finds out from some other girl he won't be very happy,"