Chapter 21

Whoo i worked really hard to get this chapter out for you guys in this amount of time! :P enjoy!

After I left Jake's I headed home straight away. The snow has stopped which makes me a bit sad, but there isn't anything I can do. On my way home I smile to myself. I feel like something is finally going right in my life for once. And telling Jake even a tiny piece of my story feels like a big weight has lifted from my shoulders. Now both of us carry a bit of each other's burdens.

When I walk into the house Nick is sitting in the living room. He gives me a ticked off look.

"Where were you?" He asks agitated.

"A friends," I shrug and pull off my jacket.

"First the school called, and then you didn't even come home right away without notifying somebody?" Nick cares about me so I know he isn't really mad. Probably should have said something though.

"I'm sorry," I squeak out, embarrassed. I feel bad for disappointing my brother. Nick takes a deep breath to calm down.

"It's fine. Supper is in the fridge and Dad is back home already. He said he's staying and they got everything patched up between the two of them," Nick looks slightly relived that our family problems have been fixed. I inwardly sigh in relief also. Things are really starting to go good.

I head into the kitchen and throw my food in the microwave. After I eat, I trudge upstairs to study. Blech.

After about a half hour I give up for the night. I close my books with a thud and throw them into my bag. I lay down on my bed and scroll through my texts. I have a new one from Jake and one from Lilly. Lilly's reads 'I need to vent about my guy probs. We'll talk tomorrow at school.' I roll my eyes at her "guy problems" Last I heard that her and Trent are still hitting it off which is cool I guess. I mean if she's happy then that's fine with me. I open up Jake's text next. 'Night ;)' is the only thing it says. I shake my head at Jake and his simplistic texts. I don't reply back though and set my phone down while I go take a shower and put on some shorts and a tank.

When I climb into bed I fall asleep listening to the quiet static from the TV in the living room below.

* * * * *

"MAGGIE!" Lilly shouts from somewhere across the school hallway. I turn away from my locker and look up. Lilly is stomping down the hallway looking depressed and angry at the same time. Oh boy. I have only been at school for a total of two minutes.

"What?" I ask when Lilly gets up to me.

"I broke up with Trent," She looks really sad suddenly. I give her a shocked look.

"What! Why?" I say incredulously. I thought they were a cute couple.

"Because he's a jealous twat and not living close sucks," She pouts. I roll my eyes. "We can't have a strong relationship if we never see each other," She shrugs. I sigh.

"You don't think you might be, oh I don't know, overdramatic?" I ask cautiously. Lilly gives me a flat look.

"No!" She says loudly and I hold up my arms in surrender. Note to self, never question Lilly's actions. We start walking to first block together while she vents about their relationship. I nod every once in a while, but I really don't care a whole lot. Ya I know. What a great friend I am right?

"So what about you and Jake?" She questions me. I give an aggravated sigh thinking about it.

"I think I like him," I say meekly.

"You think?" Lilly gives me a ridiculous look. "No, I know you and I know you and Jake have a little somethin' somethin' there," She waggles her eyebrows. I groan at her.