Chapter 14

authors note at the end :) Enjoy! oh and one quick thing i tried to get this out for you guys so you wouldn't have to wait as long as last time. hope this makes up for it

"So Lillian Marcuson is your friend?"

"Yep," I reply shortly. Mrs.Millar nods and writes down some things in that pesky notebook of hers. It's already Thursday and I'm currently having my first session after school.

"Any other friends?" She asks. I think it over. I guess Peter, Blake, Sam and Aiden could kind of be considered my friends.. I really don't talk to them much besides during lunch time. They are more like those friends of your friend who you talk to, but aren't best buddies with. Lilly is pretty much the closest friend I have here.

"A few," I shrug and I notice that Mrs.Millar is getting frustrated by my clipped responses. Well it's not my fault I'm here.

"I know that many people have previously asked if you could tell us what happened during the shooting and you have not given them your story, but I would like to try anyway."

"My story? You mean what I went through that wretched day?" She nods and motions for me to continue. I stay silent. I don't even like thinking about it anymore.

"I see. Well you know Maggie I think it might be best if you tell someone what happened that day. You didn't even tell the police anything. Find somebody to talk to. It can be anyone. Just tell them what happened it will make you feel better."

"doubt it," I scowl at her. I stand up and grab my bag. I'm done with this.

"We're not done here!" Mrs.Millar calls as a I start to walk out.

"I think we are done here," I reply and leave the confining office.

The hallways are completely empty and I hitch my backpack further over my shoulder before walking out the main doors.

"Did somebody get in trouble?" I hear a familiar annoying voice tease. I turn to see Jake standing outside the doors. I give him a flat look and shake my head.

"Nope, Just had to stay after for some uh work," I lie. Jake nods. "what are you still doing here?" I ask and start walking knowing he will follow.

"Detention," He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Why'd I even ask," I sigh out and shake my head.

"not my fault I sleep in class," He holds up his arms in surrender and I raise my eyebrows. "I never sleep at home," He slips up on that last comment and I catch it immediately.

"And why would that be?" I question slowly. I know I'm treading on a dangerous line here. Jake doesn't reply to me. I sigh, I was hoping to get some answers.

"Didn't we agree to forget about this?" He says lowly. I turn to see that his normally blue eyes have darkened.

"Whatever,"I say in anger. "And by the way, yeah it is your fault you sleep in class,"

"Maggie! Wait," Jake grinds out frustrated. I huff and slow down a bit. "You know I'm not going to say anything," He scolds me like a child.

"I know, but I want to help,"

"Help?" Jake snorts out harshly and scowls at me. "everybody thinks that, and you wanna know what? They're all wrong," Oh boy here comes a fight.

"Well maybe if you just let somebody in-"

"I don't think you should be talking," He lets out a sharp laugh. I fume a him. Can we not go three days without fighting?

"Stop, Just stop," I say and push on his chest so her moves away from me. Jake tends to get close when he's angry to try and seem intimidating. Jake grunts and huffs out, running his hand through his dark hair. He's breathing heavily and I can see he's trying to calm down.