Chapter 5

Hey guys! Thanks for being so awesome and please vote, comment, and fan! Love you all for reading this story and sticking with it. I really love hearing your feedback. :) enjoy.

"Right Maggie?" Sam asks me suddenly. Darn, I wasn't paying attention to their conversation.

"Uh, sure?" I ask more as a question. Lilly just shakes her head at me smiling.

"You didn't hear a thing we said did you." Lilly just states. "I'm starting to learn that you, and paying attention don't really go well together." The lunch table laughs, and my face heats up in embarrassment. I have a lot going on in my head ok?

"It's ok Maggie, we're just joking around. We love your inability to listen to every conversation." Blake Says with a grin. I just nod, but I still am embarrassed by it.

"Anywho, what are we going to do with our project Maggie?" Lilly asks. Oh right, the Math project. With Jake. Oh joy!

"I don't know." I reply simply. "Maybe you and I could just work on it." Lilly seems to think this over.

"Yeah that works." she replies. "That way we don't have to worry about Jake. He won't be helping us, but I think I would prefer that it would be like that." I nod in agreement, and look across the Lunch room to Jake's Table. His friends are all laughing, and there is some blonde girl basically sitting in his lap. Disgusting. The one thing that seems odd though is that Jake isn't laughing, he doesn't even have a smile on his face. In fact he looks almost annoyed. He pushes the girl away from him and says something to his friends with a frown.

I ignore it , and return my attention back to my table. Lilly is now thoroughly explaining the whole Math project to them, and they all are sympathetic to us. Wow, they must really hate the guy. I mean I know he is a jerk and a player but, They just despise him. I wonder if there was something that happened. I will have to ask Lilly about that later.

The lunch bell rings, and everyone shuffles off to their next class. I slowly make my way to my locker, not really looking forward to going back to class. I'm surprised when I see the same blonde that was sitting on Jake's lap at lunch, standing in front of my locker. She is looking around so I'm guessing that she is waiting for me. I look down when I near my locker, and try to squeeze past her to get it open.

"You're Maggie right?" She asks looking me up and down with disgust. I nod. How does this chick know my name again? "I'm Ashley, Jake's girlfriend. So you better back off." She sneers out. Wait, hold up. Jake has a girlfriend? I did not see that coming. Nobody told me he had a girlfriend. Of course how could someone with his good looks not have one. I just completely ignore her as I open my locker. "Do you understand?" She drawls out slowly like I'm a little kid. This girl infuriates me.

"You shouldn't be so jealous. I'm not interested in Jake." I shrug and walk right past her. I hear her heels click against the hall floor and I know that she decided to leave. Good.

As soon as I walk into the classroom I remember who else has this class with me. Yep that's right, I'm stuck with him for science too. You want to know what's worse? The only seat left in the whole stinking classroom is next to him.

I grind my teeth together at his arrogant smirk as I go to sit next to Jake.

"We never got to talk about when we are going to get together for that project." He says playing with his pencil. "I will be at your house tonight at four." He sates simply. Wait what? There is no way he is coming over.

"Lilly and I are going to work on it together." I shrug.

"Well I'm in your group too so.." He waits for me to finish it.