Thenise One Shot

This one shot is dedicated to the untold story of Thenise and their first date together which I never mentioned in detail so here it is - with both of their point of views included! 

____________

Denise's POV

He was late.

"He's not coming," Amanda, my little sister, teased, bouncing on my bed as I checked my phone for the hundredth time. It didn't take me long to put an outfit together, I mean, we were just going to watch a movie and get pizza afterwards, so I didn't have to dress fancy. But I still made an effort.

"He is, Mandy," I sighed. Suddenly my phone chimed and I got a text from him – finally! "Oh, look, he's here," I showed her the screen defiantly, and Mandy smirked cheekily.

"Have fun with your boyfriend," she taunted, and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my jacket and some lip gloss, swiping it across my lips before marching down the hall.

"Mum, I'm leaving!" I called, slipping on my combat boots, my go-to footwear.

"He's here, is he?" Mum was peeking through the curtains of the living room, and then she waved.

"Ugh, Mum, don't embarrass me, please. I know it's just Theo, but still," I complained, and Mum shot me a knowing smile.

"How long have you liked him?" Mum inquired, clearly enjoying herself.

"Mum, I'm not going to answer that," I groaned.

"I'm just curious, since you guys have been friends for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if you've been crushing on him all this time –"

"Mum!" I snapped, and Mum raised her eyebrows just as there was a knock on the door.

"I wonder who that could be?" Mum smiled at me weirdly as she approached the door, wrenching it open before I could and revealing – nothing.

"Where'd he go?" Mum asked, while I rolled my eyes.

"He's pulling a prank," I stated flatly, stepping out onto the front step and scanning the night. "Any second now he's going to jump out and attempt to scare me." I turned back to Mum, who was watching me in amusement. "But it never works."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Fudge!" my breath hitched in my throat as I spun around to face the prankster that almost gave me a heart attack. He grinned maliciously at me, and a blush slowly bloomed on my cheeks.

"Damn it, Theo! Why do you always do that?" I thumped him on the chest while he just backed away, chuckling.

"Because the look on your face is priceless every time," Theo replied cheekily. "You look beautiful when you're scared."

"What –" my jaw dropped in surprise while my mother cooed behind me.

"Aren't you a charmer?" she folded her arms and leaned against the doorframe, watching us.

"Only on the first date," Theo winked, before holding out his arm. "Shall we go now, milady?"

"Drop the chivalry, mate, let's just leave before we miss the movie," I zipped my jacket up, rubbing my hands together. It was pretty cold, and after Mum bid us goodbye and told me to "go wild my child" (it was her weird catchphrase) Theo slung an arm around my shoulders.

"You cold?"

I nodded, and just as I was getting used to his arm around me we had to break apart and enter his car. Correction – his brother's car.