Chapter 41

SUUUUPER LONG CHAPTER for you lovely people, as this is my last update of the holidays, and school starts again tomorrow *ugh* so we'll be back to weekly updates ☹

We made it into the TOP 10 in SPIRITUAL!!! #9! Thank you so much for all your support and votes and comments, since I wouldn't have done it without all of you 😁😚❤

^Pic above of Damian VS his friends, and song will become clearer later on ;)

❤❤❤

Damian's POV

"You up for Saturday night?" Aidan asked me during lunch. Mariam was still praying with her sister and Yaz in room 13 and Theo and Denise were buying something from the canteen, which left me all by myself until I spotted Aidan. He used to be my main man, the guy I always went to first for all my problems, but he had been replaced by Theo in a way. I still talked to him, just not as much as before.

"What's happening Saturday night?" I asked vaguely, knowing that I probably wouldn't go anyway.

"Oh, you know, the boys and I are gonna just chill at Toby's, maybe order some pizza," Aidan shrugged in reply.

"Oh, really?" I arched an eyebrow at him and the two idiots beside him, Felix and Toby. We were a band of four, always cooking up trouble and sticking together like brothers, but now that I avoided trouble I could tell they were trying to reach out as my friends, grabbing onto whatever bit of me they could relate to. "I don't know, guys."

"Come on, Damian, you never hang with us anymore! I don't wanna sound like a whiny little kid, but you're drifting apart from the brotherhood!" Felix cried, planting a palm on my shoulder in an effort to include me. "So are you in?"

"I might be busy," I muttered, subtly detaching myself from Felix's grip. "I have a few tests coming up and assignments to do, so..."

"Hey, bring them! We're going to be doing homework too, right boys?" Aidan and Felix nodded earnestly at Toby's words, and they all turned to me, still trying to coerce me to come.

"Since when do you guys get together to do homework?" I chuckled. "Last time we tried that, it turned into a party." And it was a pretty crappy party too. I had to remember I was Muslim now, and those things were forbidden to me now. I didn't want to betray my clean streak by making the mistake of hanging out with my "boys" because they always had a talent of making me do things I shouldn't. They also had a talent of making me like doing those bad things. Though I hadn't been any better back in the day. I used to be the one pressuring my friends to do crazy sh – stuff. Man, I really needed to stop swearing.

"Yeah, but that was last time. We won't do that again, will we?" Aidan had a sly smirk on his face as he said that, and I regarded him with suspicion.

"No promises," Felix held his hands up with a mischievous grin.

I rolled my eyes. "In that case, I can't come. I need to be home for my mum, you know..."

"Didn't you say your mum was doing fine?" Toby asked. "In fact, I remember distinctly you mentioning that she had another year to live thanks to the chemo..."

Crap. I couldn't use my mum as an excuse not to go out anymore. Maybe I should've kept that awesome piece of info to myself, but still. I was excited that the initial five months the doctor had given my mum to live had extended to triple the time, so naturally, I told all my friends about it. But guess who I told first? Mariam. I owed it to her, as she'd been there since the beginning.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be home, just in case," I continued.

Aidan scoffed. "Dude, it sounds like you're just making up excuses not to hang with us anymore. You've already chosen those Muslim chicks and Theo over us, so if you don't want anything to do with us, just say it like a man."