Chapter 43

So excited to release this chapter! Would've done it earlier if it weren't for my urge to workout in the arvo, but here it is finally! Enjoy 😁

____________

Damian's POV

"Are you dressed as...?"

"Shrek? You bet," Theo pulled the mask over his face and grinned.

"And I'm guessing you're Fiona, right?" Mariam gestured to Denise, who wore a tight forest green medieval gown and a gold crown atop her braided fiery hair.

"I guess," Denise shrugged. "But I originally wanted to be Merida from Brave, until this guy suggested we should dress as a couple." She pointed to Theo, who was exclaiming in a really bad Scottish accent to anyone who passed, "Ogres have layers!"

"Where's donkey?" Yasmine asked.

"Well, I was going to get Damian to be donkey, but..." Theo glanced at me, and I arched an eyebrow.

"I told you, that ain't ever happening, mate," I said dryly. Instead, I was dressed as something I never thought I'd be. A Muslim. Except with a comedic twist. I had ordered an 'Arab Sheik' Costume on eBay, which consisted of a long white tunic, a checked red cloth for my head fastened with a black headband and a black moustache and goatee. I even wore sunglasses, and when everyone saw me I had seen the shock on their faces.

"You look awesome, man!" Theo had slapped me on the back, laughing. "I see you've finally grown some facial hair."

I stroked my beard with a grin. "Yes, it just grew over the weekend. Quite miraculous, really."

"I can't believe you dressed as an Arab Sheik!" Yasmine and Mariam were in fits of giggles when they first saw me. They looked kind of like female characters from the Arabian Nights, except Yasmine had altered the costumes to make it more modest, and they looked pretty good. Mariam wore a blue version of the costume while Yasmine was in pink, and they even had the makeup to go with it, framing their eyes in dark kohl eyeliner.

(A/N: What they're wearing...sort of, but with hijab, of course 😉)

"Believe it, princesses," I raised my arms, doing a little spin on the spot to show off my glorious outfit

"Princesses?" Mariam repeated, and I nodded.

"That's what you guys are, right? Arabian princesses?" I smirked.

"That's right, we're royalty," Yasmine said with a smug smile.

"You three go well together, though," Denise remarked.

"It was completely unintentional," Mariam said.

"Great minds think alike," I slid my sunglasses down my nose and winked at her.

"Well, I wouldn't say yours was great," she muttered.