Love Stuff

Tina moved across the bed  from Daryl "i'll go alone" she stated "you cant just come back to me like this, you humiliated me" Tina said standing up and turning to Daryl who flopped down onto the bed in frustration. "Ive managed this long without you" she added watching Daryl lift his head up chewing the inside of his lip "besides bet no one even knows we've been together so it will just be another secret." She spoke quietly before closing the door behind her.

--

"Tina you have to use this time relax as much as you can" Denise explained to her, it had been only a week or so since Tina finally plucked up the courage to see the doctor and now she was having contractions, she wasnt sure if she was early or late, Tina assumed around 8 months at the time but with irregular periods due to their circumstances and no calendars it was hard to tell. "I thought women exaggerated with this pain" Tina sighed blowing out slowly as she tried to get comfortable, Denise handed Tina some water and smiled at her naivety "it only gets worse" she reminded her giving her a sympathetic look to which Tina looked more worried than she already felt.

Gasping, Tina cried "can we get Daryl in here please?" They hadnt really spoke much since their conversation in her bedroom but she really needed him here. "I'll see if he is back from his run" Denise replied "well he has been gone two fucking days now whats the hold up?!" Tina snapped as a wave of pain flooded over her lower abdomen "sorry, contraction" Tina added once the wave left. "I hate this already" she whined flopping her head onto the pillow as Denise went to fetch him.

Tina must of fallen asleep as she woke to Carol gently nudging her "sweetie, Daryl isnt back yet, he, Bob, Nicholas and Glenn are still on a run, they are raiding hospitals..dont think we expected you to have baby so soon" Carol smiled stroking her hair, Tina sunk further down in the bed trying to hide her disappointment. "Will you stay with me?" She asked Carol who immediately nodded "can i tell you something?" She asked looking above Carol's head to see if Denise was in ear shot before motioning Carol to close the door to leave them in private.

"This baby," Tina began stroking her bump, "its Daryl's" she revealed quickly wincing in anticipation of Carol's reaction but she was surprised there wasnt one. "Oh" Carol said standing up straight "its not what you think, we have been together for a while, sort of." Tina giving a quizzical look at her own words tried to reason but Carol stopped her by taking her hand into hers "it doesnt matter, what matters is you and this baby are okay." She replied but Tina sat up as much as she could and protested her point "Carol, i dont think you understand what im saying". "Of course I do, you are only married into the family, I mean you two have always been close i wouldnt of guessed but like i said, you are only married into the family," Carol replied giving her a firm understanding reaction and nod before leaning down and placing her arms around Tina before another wave hit her.

--

"Oh T, she is gorgeous" Maggie beamed as she cradled the newborn baby girl in her arms, only a few hours ago Tina had given up the will to live as she pushed with all she had, and now her tiny baby was here and the pain was all forgotten about. "Takes after me of course" Tina joked, "does it really hurt?" Maggie asked sitting down on the bed with the baby "oh yea, no word of a lie the worst pain ever known to man. Well woman" she giggled in reply. Maggie turned to Glenn who was standing in the doorway looking sweetly at Maggie holding the baby "i best leave you, get some rest" she whispered placing the baby back in the moses basket and hugging her friend before leaving.

--

After her labour Tina was shattered, even more so than if she had given birth in a hospital with all the equipment, Tina took her hats off to women having babies before modern medicine. Daryl and the others still were not back from their run, but she couldnt lay awake worrying her exhaustion took over her body, she didnt even remember falling asleep.

Opening her eyes in the darkness she could feel a presence in the room with her, the soft cooing of her daughter making her shoot up in bed only to see Daryl with his back to her slowly rocking the baby before turning to notice Tina sitting up awake. "I got back not long ago, Rick said you had her" Daryl whispered placing her into Tina's arms "you did good kid" he muttered leaning up from placing an awkward kiss on her forehead. "Gee Thanks" Tina responded with a raised eyebrow and shaking her head at Daryl walking to leave the room, he clearly couldnt do this, not how she thought he could after the baby arrived.

Tina made sure he had his back to her and was heading out the door before she let any tears fall, promising herself it was all the emotion from having the baby rather than Daryl walking away from her again and hiding away.

Daryl paused in the doorway "Bob died today." He began "we were on our way out, blocked in by walkers from each exit, We got caught in revolving doors, walkers everywhere, Nicholas the little weasel asshole ran out, only he let the walkers in on Bob and ran like the bitch he is." Daryl didnt need to finish, Tina knew where he was going with this and bowed her head. "Come here" Tina whispered swinging her legs around from the bed, stepping up and placing her daughter back in her moses basket before making room for Daryl to join her.

His arms enveloped her into his chest as he rested his chin on her head, "I'm sorry" Tina whispered into him as tears over came her, Daryl held her closer to him "I'm sorry i wasnt there for you" he replied "and I'm sorry i havent been there, I'm not good at all this" he added causing Tina to push herself from him "good at what?" She asked skeptical "all this love stuff, besides we need to think of a name for little legs" he mentioned as they turned their attention to their daughter "if you want me around that is" he added.

"Carol knows about us" Tina told him instead of answering his question "she knows she is yours" she added pointing to their daughter "but she doesnt know if we are still together because when have we ever been together?" She finished sounding fed up. "Im getting tired, and you probably shouldnt be here so go home" Tina spoke bluntly rolling over in bed to face the other way.

"Maybe its time we stopped hiding?" Daryl questioned.

A.N thankyou to thewalkingdead_norm  for her advice with a part of this chapter, im really glad i asked you. ❤️