Feelings

Walking away from Daryl and back to the group, Tina felt her cheeks flushing red, she didnt know why. But on her way back to the porch of the house she saw Shane talking to Rick. "T you got a minute girl?" He asked walking away from Rick. "Shane i dont want to talk right now" she sighed. Taking her arm and walking her round the house so no one could hear "you alright? I did that to save us, you have to see that right?" Shane began "i understand Shane its fine" she lied "i would of done it even if Rick was with me. We had to get back here and there was no way we would of with him slowing us down and my ankle" Shane said holding a strong hand on her shoulder, she could feel his hand digging into her where he was trying to make her see "I gave him a hero death" he sighed. "Ok" she replied bluntly "i wont say a word" she promised him walking away.

She didnt sleep much that night and it wasnt even what happened to Otis running through her mind it was Carol, and how she was leaning on Daryl and how it was bothering her. He was her brother but why was she feeling jealous? Why did she want to be the only one who could lean on Daryl like that?

The next morning as she got changed in the tent Daryl came in bragging about catching breakfast. His cheeks flushed red when he saw her get her top on just in time from him seeing her bra. "What happened yesterday? Are you okay? Heard about Otis. Must of scared ya." Daryl asked "yup. Its fine" Tina replied flatly shooting him the fakest of smiles. It was clear Shane filled him with his spill on what happened. "So you and Carol huh?" Tina asked changing the subject and asking the question that was burning in her head all night. Daryl tutted "her daughter is missing she was upset" Daryl told her. He was either playing it down or he really didnt see it how Tina saw it, she thought. "Whats the deal with Shane? He has been following you around. Anything i should know about?" He asked brushing his hand over the ceiling of the tent "why?" Tina asked smugly, maybe Shane bothered Daryl like Carol does her "just asking" was his dismissive reply as he left the tent and left Tina alone.

The next few days Tina spent with Daryl searching for Sophia

The next few days Tina spent with Daryl searching for Sophia. One day as they walked through the woods Tina hung behind Daryl as he looked over tracks. Stopping right behind her quickly, not paying attention Tina walked straight into his back "shhh" he whispered as he felt the ground. Stopping herself as she walked into his still back she had her hands on the top of his shoulder, in the grooves of his muscles, instead of looking at what Daryl was looking at she instead admired his muscular arms. "I think she has been round here" Daryl stated knocking Tina from her trance "mmm" she muttered agreeing with him. As they walked Tina found herself checking him out. "this is way weird" she whispered to herself when she realised what she was doing. "What?" Daryl asked turning to face her. He must of heard her comment "nothing" she said beaming him a smile. "You can head back if you are getting bored" he added pointing to the way the farm was with his arrow. "Im not bored" she replied swiftly. "Just seems you are thinking of something else" he told her "this is for Carol...and Sophia" Daryl added "oh well we must please Carol" Tina snapped sarcastically with her hands in the air "her daughter is missing Tina! Whats wrong with you!?" He snapped back at her. "Why dont you go with Shane or something. Clearly making out with the cop is more your thing" he added. This caused Tina to vent "Shane? I think someones jealous.." Tina smirked. Daryl shook his head and recoiled at what she said. The carried on tracking in an awkward silence.

When they got back Daryl jogged up to Carol to tell her what 'progress' they had made

When they got back Daryl jogged up to Carol to tell her what 'progress' they had made. Tina mocked Daryl as he left her. Maybe it was where she had just got Daryl back in her life after all these years that she was feeling so possessive towards him. Maybe.

Not feeling herself Tina retired to her tent early, she wasnt tired but she was tired of the bullshit conversation the group were having. Carl was going to be okay and that made Tina pleased but it was at the cost of Otis as to why which ruined that feeling. Lying awake in her sleeping bag she heard Daryl say night to the others and head to bed so Tina pretended to be asleep, things were left awkward between them after her comment walking so she wanted to avoid him so to speak. "Daryl can i talk to you?" Tina heard Carol whisper to Daryl outside "thankyou for today, I know everyone else is giving up myself included" she added. Tina could see Daryl pull Carol into a hug from their shadows on the tent. It went on for a while. Tina felt her blood boil. Frustrated she rolled the other way and mentally told herself to get a grip. Carol was a lovely lady and Daryl deserved a nice woman in his life, he always got the shit end of the stick with his dad and Merle and Tina knew that. But Tina wanted to be that woman. And it sickened her to think that way about him.

"You awake" Daryl whispered as he got into the tent. He could hear faint sniffles, it was clear Tina was crying. "Whats wrong?" He asked stroked her arm "nothing" she muttered wiping her eyes and sitting up. He looked at her, he knew she was bullshitting. "Shane killed Otis for us to get away" she confessed "we had no ammo left and Shane's ankle was bad and we were surrounded..." Tina added trying to not break down into sobs. "Ssh T, its okay, you are okay. Thats the most important thing to me" he reassured her pulling her into his chest. "I dont like Shane but he got you back here safe" he told her as he stroked the top of her head. Maybe he didnt like Shane because he wanted Tina, she thought "why dont you like him?" Tina asked, a question she had asked him a thousand times by now "because you are my little sister i have to protect ya" he said pulling her out of the hug and smiling at her. His words making her feel ill at the way she was feeling about him.