Chapter 21: Holiday sex

When he wakes up, there's already a table full of breakfast out, and Liam's not on the bed. He's on one of the chairs, where he's dragged it to the closed balcony door, staring out where the snows still coming down and being a dramatic idiot.

"God, you really are out of a fucking soap opera," he groans out tiredly, burrowing into the duvet. He hears chuckling, and feels the bed dip a bit.

"I have theatrical tendencies," Liam tells him, as if he doesn't know, and the cover's pulled back until Liam's looking down on him, small smile on his face as he hands him a warm croissant, and he's lightly buttered it, the way he knows Niall likes, even though it's already quite heavy with the stuff in the first place. Niall sits up and takes the bread with a quiet " Thank you. " Takes a small bite, fails in fighting back a grin because it really is super fucking delicious, and it's comforting. All of it is comforting.

"So. What do you want to do today?" Niall asks him, offers him the bread to bite. Liam accepts, taking a big one, and he chews rather happily.

"I don't know," Liam's pouting a little, holds up his cup of coffee for Niall to take a sip from. "There's a spa, heard great things about those, but I'm not sure, don't think we need it, not with the way we've been. Could hang out at the bar, but that'd mean we'd have to get dressed, ugh. We could just finish that Star Wars marathon today, though, if you want."

He watches as Niall drinks from his coffee silently, takes a sip himself once he's done, and it's silent for a while. Not uncomfortable, though.

They finish the croissant, bites between them, and share the coffee, before Niall finally moves. Takes the cup in Liam's hand and sets it on the nightstand, and reels him in for a kiss, soft and sweet on his lips. Liam responds to it immediately, cups his face in his hands and holds him close. Makes him feel. Something.

"Not playing around today, huh?" he's teasing, but Niall's not in quite the same mindset. Stares at him, and then kisses him again, softer, gentler. Skims his lips slightly over his jaw, breathes against his skin. Liam must feel the shift in the atmosphere, because he drops it, embraces Niall closely as they kiss.

"Will you fuck me?" Niall asks him, and Liam grins.

"You don't even have to ask" Liam's saying, pulling him in for a bruising kiss. "Gonna make you feel so good"

"You always make me feel good" he says, strips Liam off of his shirt, then removes his own.

Liam pauses then, takes in his words. Says, "Never want to make you feel anything but good"

He guides him to lie on his back, and he presses a kiss on his lips, moves his mouth and Niall sighs against his mouth. Feels warmer and safer, then, as Liam touches him everywhere, pulls off their bottoms. Leaves his skin feeling as if it were on fire.

He tastes like warm coffee, slightly sweet, every bit of it feeling like home. Niall closes his eyes, overwhelmed and confused, and he steels himself for the fall.

He hears the faint click of the lube, and a moment later, a finger probes at his hole, just circling the rim. Pushes in slowly, and he forces himself to relax, breathing hard as he lets Liam in.

"Shit."

"Calm down, Ni," he's mumbling, pushes until his finger is in, knuckle deep, and he waits, lets him adjust. "You okay?"

"Shit ," he just repeats, shutting his eyes and breathes through it. Takes in the sensation, and it's not completely painful "Yeah, yeah. Another."

Liam looks at him, searches for any sign of discomfort, but Niall's growling, moves his hips to get him to do something. "Alright, alright," he mutters, pulls his finger out only to push in with two, just as slowly.