twenty four

The drive back to Denis' apartment didn't feel very long. I let my thoughts consume me once again and before I knew it, we were outside a fairly small apartment complex.

James helped bring in the stuff and once we were done, he left.

I flopped onto the couch, exhausted both mentally and physically. Long car rides always made me tired. It was only seven, but I wanted to sleep.

"Hey Sof, are you hungry?" Denis asked.

I shook my head.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday morning." He pointed out.

I shook my head again and closed my eyes.

"I'm making mac and cheese anyways." He laughed and came to sit next to me.

"It's cold in here." I commented.

Denis got up and checked the temperature. He looked at me with a weird expression.

"The heater is set at eighty." He stated.

"Oh." I looked away from his gaze.

"Come on. You need to get some food in you."

I picked myself off the couch and followed him into the kitchen. The water was bowling in the pot. Denis poured the noodles in and we looked at each in silence. It wasn't awkward or anything, we were both just tired. I knew Denis wasn't going to let either of us sleep until I ate something, so I wasn't going to argue with him.

A couple minutes went by and eventually a bowl of food was set down in front of me.

"Thank you." I looked at my boyfriend gratefully.

"Of course." He grinned.

We ate the food in silence. When we were done, Denis washed the dishes while I changed into more comfy clothes. I planned on sleeping into next month.

I let myself into Denis' room and slowly looked around. I felt his arms slip around my waist and press his lips to my shoulder.

"It's not much, but it's what I call home." He whispered.

"I like it. It's home to me, too." I whispered back.

"Why're we whispering?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Can we sleep? I want to lay there until the next tour." Denis whined.

We both crawled under the blankets and got comfortable. I let my head lay on my boyfriends' chest while he wrapped an arm around my stomach.

***

The next day, we just laid in bed, enjoying each others company. It felt good to have a lazy day after the past couple months.

The following day, my grandparents had flown out to California along with Kassidy. They were considering moving here so Kassidy could be closer to me and go back to school.

Denis drove to the airport and returned with Kassidy. My grandparents were going to see if they could find a house here.

"How was Ukraine?" I asked my younger sister.

"It was alright." She shrugged, "How was tour?"

"It was interesting." I chuckled.

"You promised to let me see a show." She sighed picking at her food.

"Come see the show in a couple weeks." Denis said.

"Really?" Kassidy looked at me with wide eyes.

I shot a glare towards my boyfriend who was smiling innocently.

"I suppose you can if it's alright with Grandma." I rolled my eyes and threw a carrot at Denis.

"I'll ask her when they get back!" She shot out of her chair.

"Finish the sandwich, Kassidy." I called after her.

"I've always liked that kid. She has a lot of energy." Denis commented.

"Shut up. It's your fault for this little energy spike." I rolled my eyes again.

"Ben wanted to know if he and Ciara could come over later. I think he just wants to eat the very little stuff that's here." He said as I got up.

"It doesn't bother me, but speaking of the food, we should probably go shopping." I said as Kassidy returned.

"I'll grab my keys." He nodded.

"I want shotgun!" Kassidy yelled and opened the door.

"Lower your voice and I'm the oldest. I get to sit in the front seat." I slipped my shoes on.

"Not if I beat you there." She sang and dashed down the hall.

"Kassidy! Don't run in here!" I called after her.

Denis shot after her, leaving me behind. I rolled my eyes and locked the door, following.

Once we were outside, they were still running to the car. Denis caught up to her and picked her up. I heard them screaming and laughing.

It made me happy that they got along.

"Sofia, help!" Kassidy was giggling.

I took that chance and ran to the passengers seat.

"I won!" I called.

"That's not fair! You guys worked together!" She was still laughing as Denis set her on her feet.

I shrugged and got in.

FEAR ▷ Denis Stoffजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें