five

Ukraine was beautiful. Every place was if you just looked a little. We walked around town and everything was so breathtaking especially since the sun was setting. It seemed like a fairy tale unfolding in front of me.

Denis was dancing around like an idiot while Adele played.

"You know she's supposed to be singing sad music? You aren't supposed to dance." I laughed at him.

"Then dance with me." Denis grabbed my waist and pulled me to him.

"We're in the middle of the sidewalk." I pointed out.

"So?"

"We're going to block people's ways."

"We're also going to dance like idiots now just dance with me!"

I gave up and we started to dance around the sidewalks and occasionally in the street. People had gathered around to watch us. They clapped when we stopped.

"You're so good at dancing." Denis stated.

We were out of breath.

"I took a bunch of lessons." I smiled.

"Damn, I need to take some of these lessons. Or you could teach me."

I rolled my eyes. He's such a flirt.

"Let's go be cliche and go on that ferris wheel at the fair down the road." Denis suggested.

I shrugged and walked side by side.

"What happened to your girlfriend?" I blurted out.

Instantly, I regretted it.

"Shit. Sorry, you don't need to tell me."

"No, it's fine. I don't really know what happened. All of sudden she got really angry and stormed out saying we were over. I've been trying to talk to her since but I think she's blocked my number." He laughed bitterly.

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

"It's whatever."

We walked in silence for a bit, before I finally got the courage to take his hand. He tensed at first, then laced his fingers through mine.

I relaxed and held a small smile on my face.

It had been less than a day and he could already make me smile with such little gestures. This was going to be an interesting relationship to develop.

We arrived at the fair grounds minutes later. Denis paid for everything, very forcefully I might add. He wouldn't even let me take my wallet out. He was trying to make this as cliche as possible. I don't even know what you would call this though. It might be a date? I had no clue.

"Denis?" I glanced up at him.

"What's up shorty?" He looked down.

"One, I'm not that short. You're just a giant. Two, is this a date?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"Is that a problem?" I could sense a bit of worry in his voice no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

"Not at all." I couldn't help but smile.

I had known this man for less than three days and we already on the most cliche date ever. It had been one of my best nights, though. I most certainly was not complaining.

"Oh my god! Can we get cotton candy?" Denis screamed suddenly.

People around us stared. I began to blush a bit from the attention.