fourteen

I'm putting this up now because I'll be busy all day tomorrow + IN A WEEKS TIME MISADVENTURES FROM PTV COMES OUT AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED ABOUT AN ALBUM RELEASE.

About a week after Asking had began their tour, my mother took me out to get some lunch. We went to Chipotle because she swore to me it was the best thing she had ever eaten. I think it was just for me to get out of the house. Apparently I had been down since Denis left. I hadn't seen it at all.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" My mother spoke with excitement as she ate her bowl of food.

I chuckled at her, "It is. It's very good. Thank you."

"Of course." She smiled, "How've you been doing? I know we haven't talked much since we got back from Ukraine."

"I'm actually doing really good. I've been able to act normal." I nodded.

"After what happened to you, I thought you would never recover. I thought we had lost you, Sof."

I didn't want to dwell on the subject any longer.

"I'll be fine. How're you doing?" I took another bite of my food.

"I'm doing great. Especially since I'm with two of my favorite things."

My mother never failed to make me smile.

"How is Denis?"

I hadn't talked to him for two days. He would never pick up and when I tried to call someone else, he was always sleeping.

"He's good." I grimaced.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She frowned at me.

"I don't know, he won't talk to me and it's scaring me."

"What do you mean he won't talk to you?"

"Whenever I try to call him, he doesn't pick up. I've tried to call other people but they always tell me he's out or sleeping. Is he avoiding me?"

"It sounds like something's going on. You'll see him again in a couple days, correct?" She paused and I nodded, "Try talking to him then."

"Alright. I will."

***

The days passed in a blur and soon it was time to head down to the venue. My mother had driven me there before heading off to work.

"Remember what we talked about. I believe in you." She encouraged me before driving away.

I huffed and walked up to the doors of the venue. There was a couple people sitting in the line.

One of the security came up to me.

"I need to get in." I told him.

"Yeah, well I'm afraid the doors don't open for another fourteen hours." He rolled his eyes.

"No, I meant I'm with the band." I brushed my hair out of my face.

"I can't let you in without someone telling me it's okay. Sorry." He shut the door and walked away.

"Fucking hell." I cursed and brought out my phone.