three

My grandparents were the kind that everyone loved. They weren't too crabby and they liked to have fun. But right now, the jet lag I had caused me to get to the house and collapse on the bed. It felt good to lay down. Especially on a soft bed.

***

After resting a couple of hours, I awoke to the sounds of my grandpa yelling at the TV. Something about "getting his head out of his ass." It was in Ukrainian so I didn't really understand it.

I headed downstairs as I was starving. My grandma was sitting at the table talking with my mother.

"Dobroho ranku, Sofia." My grandma smiled at me.

It was morning already?

"Good morning." She knew I couldn't speak the language very well.

I had grown up learning very little Ukrainian. My parents wanted me to focus on English. They had taught me at home up until we moved to America. It had just been easier since they knew they wanted to move there.

"There's some cobbler for you." Mom said.

"Thank you." I smiled and took it.

I sat down next to them at the table.

"We were just talking about the nice man who helps me with my yard every couple months. He's going to be here on Friday helping. Sometimes he even helps me cook. He's a handsome guy, Sofia. I think you would like him." Grandma told me.

I shrugged. I wasn't a very social person. I always get some anxiety no matter who I'm talking to unless I'm completely comfortable with the person.

"Oh C'mon Sofia. You haven't had a boyfriend yet. It'd be good for you." She insisted.

"Yes I have." I argued.

"When?"

"Um. I dated that Alan kid in sixth grade."

"That doesn't count."

"Yes it does."

"You need to find a real boyfriend. You're 20 years old for god's sake."

My grandma always did this. She was always bugging me to get a boyfriend. It's not that I didn't want one. I do. I don't really talk to that many people was the problem. I could never keep a friendship. Thus resulting in me having no social interaction ever.

"Don't worry, baba." I sighed as I finished off the food.

She gave me a stern look. I hated it. I shouldn't be pressured.

"Sofia, we were going to watch a movie. Why don't you join us?" Mother sensed the tension and changed the subject.

I sighed and nodded.

"What movie?" I questioned.

"Marley and Me." She responded.

It was one of Kassidy's favorites. It always made me cry because I'm the kind of person who would adopt twenty dogs and live with them. I love animals especially dogs so much. I needed to move out before I would get a dog though. Sadly, saving money takes time.

***

After the movie finished, I was left wiping tears off my face. Luckily I hadn't put any makeup on. I would've been scrubbing it off for hours if I had. Kassidy had just fallen asleep. She always goes to sleep right before the movie ends. 

It was pretty late so everyone went their separate ways. I wasn't tired since I had slept for a while before the movie, so I grabbed my laptop and searched up this band once more. The band consisted of Denis on vocals, Ben on Lead guitar, Cameron on Rhythm guitar, Sam on Bass, and James on drums. They were 5 very attractive men, but I couldn't keep my eye off of Denis. He was funny, seemingly intelligent, and amazing to look at. The problem was he had a girlfriend and I felt sort of guilty for having thoughts about him. Even if she was a bitch.

I accidentally clicked on a song, startling me when drums and a guitar started blaring through my headphones. It was titled 'A Prophecy'. It was very interesting.

I ended up listening to all 3 albums plus the singles they had released. I had decided that A Prophecy, The Final Episode, The Black, and To The Stage were my favorites. They were really good live too from what I had saw on YouTube. With and without Denis. Although the other singer, who I learned his name was Danny, didn't really look like he wanted to be there in the 2014 era. It made me have mixed feelings about him. Nonetheless, I felt that since he had departed from the band, it looked like it had been the best choice for everyone. I had looked at Danny after he left the band and he looked content again. Asking Alexandria was at it's highest point right now. 

This was what I could infer after doing a bunch of research on them throughout the night. I ended up staying up until seven.

***

After waking up again around eleven, I trudged down the steps. 

"Morning, baba." I yawned catching sight of her.

"Good morning, doll." She responded with a smile.

I walked over to a cupboard and pulled out a coffee mug. Someone walked up behind me and I could feel them staring at me.

"So you're the infamous girl that Anita had been talking about?" A man asked.

I instantly froze up, but nodded.

"You're quite short." He continued.

I hummed in response while continuing to brew my coffee.

"Won't you turn around?" He asked.

I sighed and turned.

"Sofia?"

"Denis?"

HI SORRY THIS IS LATE. MY REGULAR UPDATING SCHEDULE IS GOING TO BE MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS FROM NOW ON! CHEERS.