Chapter:5

Four years later
"Oh my gosh Destiny this is awesome!" I said to my friend as we sat on the bus. "I know! It's so sweet." She told me. "I'll see ya tomorrow." I told her as the bus rolled to a stop. "See ya Belle." She said as I got off.

Two of my middle school cousins got off with me. Once I crossed the cattle guard I ran up to the house only slowing to cross the other cattle guard. I put my bag in the house and went out to the barn.

A foal was born last night and I wanted to see it. Dad was in the stall with Maggie and her foal when I got to the barn. I walked to the stall as he brushed the mare. "Can you go find a baby halter for me?" He asked. I nodded and got a halter and lead rope. He had a lead rope on Maggie as I entered.

I put the halter and lead rope on the baby and helped dad take them outside to the paddock. "Would you like a horse one day?" Dad asked. "Please?" "Ok if you can come up with a name for the foal you can have her."

"Yes thank you daddy, thank you!" I almost shouted giving him a hug. "Go get your chores done now pumpkin." He told me. I ran into the barn and started mucking stalls out. When I was done dad called me in for supper but made me get a shower before sitting down to eat.

Once I was done I went up to my room and finished my homework. I went to bed when dad told me to and laid there looking out the window. The name Pigeon came to mind and it settled as the filly's name.

"Belle

"Belle. Wake up baby. It's Friday." I jumped out of bed at the mention of Friday. I pulled on a pair of jeans and found a tee shirt as dad went back down to finish breakfast.

I pulled my hair back and got my boots. In a few short years I'll be able to wear a pair of my mom's boots. I ran downstairs and sat my boots next to my backpack. I put my homework in it and zipped it up.

Quickly I ate breakfast and brushed my teeth. Then I kissed dad goodbye and rode my bike out to the road. I hid it behind a tree and waited for the bus. Once it arrived I sat down in my seat and waited for Destiny to get on. Summer was almost here and I couldn't wait.

Destiny go on the bus and sat down next to me. "Guess what." She said. "What?" I said. "I got a horse!" She told me. "Sweet then we can go riding together. Ooh Pigeon will be so excited!" I said.

She agreed and the bus pulled up at school. We got off and went to class. Mrs. Gallen sat at her desk as we came in. I sat at my desk across from Destiny and got to work on the paper on my desk.

The work was sixth grade reading from the middle school. As I worked on it Mrs. Gallen taught the class fourth grade reading. Once I was done the rest of the kids were getting their work. I took it up to her and let her grade it.

I read my thick chapter book as they worked. "Belle you can go to Mrs. Hassock's class." Mrs. Gallen said. I got out of my seat and took my pencil to the fifth grade class for math. Dad didn't know I was advanced in math and reading. This year I took the sixth grade reading test and the fifth grade math test.

At lunch Destiny sat next to me as always. "Sweet I can't wait for summer!" She told me sitting down. Dad always fixed me lunch so I didn't have to eat the cafeteria food.

After school Destiny and I got onto the bus and rode home. The bus dropped me off and I ran to get my bike. I rode up to the barn and dropped it and my bag. "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" I yelled running through the barn. He was out back training a new horse. I got Pigeon out and went out to train her. She was weaned from her mother when she was big enough about my birthday.

She's a red Dunn appendix quarter horse. Her long legs and deep chest were traits of the thoroughbred and her stocky build were part of the quarter horse trait.

As I walked her out dad saw me coming. He gathered up the lunge line he had and brought the horse over.

"Guess what I got on my tests last week." I said. "Hmmm. All advanced?" "Yup. The sixth grade reading and the fifth grade math." He looked at me confused. "The teachers said that I'm very intelligent and that started my first year of school."

A smile crossed his face. "Just like your mother." He said as he picked me up and spun me around. He pulled me close and kissed me. "She would be very proud." I hugged him tight knowing it was hard for him to talk about her.

"Come on let's work on our horses." He said before setting me down. I got Pigeon and led her to the ring. Dad helped by teaching me how to lunge her while he did with the horse he was working on. His profession now is horse trainer like he was before I was born.

I loped Pigeon around the ring while dad put the horse up he was working on. Finally I brought her to me and took the lunge line off. She ran over to the side then came back. I scratched her behind her ears and she fell to the ground in enjoyment.

I moved along her back as she collapsed as I scratched it. "Just like her grandfather isn't she?" I looked over to see dad leaning on the rail. I let pigeon up and led her to the paddock. "Her grandfather was a goofy horse dad." "I know. I'm just surprised that his only daughter didn't inherit the trait."

Hey new chapter The last two were in Belle's POV and the rest of the book should be mostly in her POV

Hey new chapter
The last two were in Belle's POV and the rest of the book should be mostly in her POV.