Chapter 1

Vivians POV
"Mom, I'll be fine, I promise I won't die" I say to my mom as we pack the car before heading off to my new high school.
"I just want to make sure my baby is gonna be safe at her new school" she says putting the last few pillows in the trunk.
"You won't have to worry about me, mom, cody will be here" Cody is my younger brother. He's 13.
She doesn't say anything and the car is fully packed, with all my uniform, some regular clothes, bed sheets, pillows, everything. I couldn't wait I was so excited. I go upstairs and give my brother a final goodbye.
"Don't give mom and dad to much of a hard time, while I'm gone" I say to Cody. He nods his head and gives me 'an I'll miss you' look without saying it. I go down stairs and my mom is in the kitchen.
"Hey mom" I say letting her know I was entering the room. She looks my direction and goes back to what she was doing.
"I'm about to leave, mom" I say acting sad when inside I was the complete opposite. My mother stops what she's doing and comes over to me with her arms wide open.
"I'm not sure if I can let you go like this, vivi" she says using my nickname. I give her a tight hug and she gives me a tighter hug, almost squeezing me to death. After about 10 minutes of hugging and her crying we finally let go. I go to the garage and see my dad in the car. He'll be driving me to school.
"Gosh I thought you'd never come out" he says as I open the passenger seat door. I sit down and get comfortable. I get ready for the next 3 hours of driving.
.........................
Two hours passed and I was sitting in the car alone in the mc Donald's drive way. My dad was getting food and drinks. After about 10 minutes of waiting he comes out and hands me my large fries and vanilla milkshake. Those are the only two things I will ever order from mc Donald's.
We have about one hour left and we'll be there. During this hour I begin to worry. What if my roommate is a stuck up brat that only cares about herself and her shoes. What if the food taste like cardboard, what if the place looks like a juvenile hall, what if the teachers don't teach me actual things but instead teach me about weird shit like prostitution and drugs. My worry drowns my excitement until I open my eyes and see a beautiful campus with nice trees and plants all over, students holding their things and walking to their dorms. Every one looked so happy. So I now know that my school doesn't resemble a juvenile hall. My dad looks at me with excitement. He gets out the car and walks toward the trunk. I follow him, helping him take out some stuff. We then realize that it would be a smatter decision if we go find out my room first. My dad turns the car off. And we used the map of the campus we had in the car to find our way to the main office.
We walk in and a middle aged women sits at the desk in front. She sees me and gives me a warm smile.
"You must be new here darling, what's your name" she says to me with a welcome smile.
"Vivian Santini" I say with a smile. She types my name into her computer.
"Aahh Vivian, you're up in room 238", she says getting up and handing me keys, to what I'm assuming is my room.
I thank her and me and my dad walk back to the car grabbing the heaviest stuff first. The bin I'm holding has all my clothes including uniform. I walk into the building where my room is in. I take a deep breath before walking in. I see a huge room. One bed on each side of the room, two desks, two closets, a mini fridge, a flat screen tv an air conditioner. I was in love. I walked in and saw that we even had a bathroom. My roommate was not here yet, which was great.
I chose a bed and started to unpack, putting all my clothes and shoes in the closet. I decorated my side of the room just as I had planned. Of course with my fathers help. I noticed that in the desk drawers there was textbooks already there for you. After a while I finally had to say bye to my father.
"Well I guess this is goodbye dad" I said noticing that I was already done with my room.
"I guess it is vivi" he said giving me a tight hug. After 10 minutes of goodbyes he finally leaves. I sit on my bed and start to wonder where my roommate is.
Suddenly the door opens and I see a brunette guy walk in with his stuff. I'm immediately confused, wondering why there is this strange guy walking into my room.
"Hey are you my roommate?" I get up asking him.
"Oh yeah the lady at the desk told me I would have a female roommate" he says with a smile. "I assumed you knew". No. I did not know. In fact I thought I would be the one to get a female roommate. I pull it off with a smile.
"It's nice to meet you, what's you're name?" I say trying to be friendly.
"David" he says simply. I nod my head and go on my laptop while he decorates and unpacks his side of the room.
Shortly after another guy walks into our room. Don't tell me he's my roommate as well.
"Hey I just wanted to check up on you guys see if everything's ok, I'm your dorm advisor Justin". He says also with a smile.
"I actually have a question" I say planning to continue with my question "how come were roommates, I was told that girls get girls and guys get guys. How come we were put together, I'm assuming there's some mistake." I say sharing my pain slightly.
"Sorry, there's no more space, and David didn't have a roommate" he says simply as if the answer was obvious.
"What do you mean David I got here first" I say confused because he clearly wasn't explaining very well.
"Well according to my papers" he says looking through papers on a clip board "David got accepted into the school June 1st and you got accepted June 19th, there's nothing we could do about it, you could always come back next year" is he crazy? I'm not gonna waste my time and leave to come back next year. I decide not to say anything else and go back to my bed, Justin soon leaves. I look over at David and he's already looking at me. I quickly look back down embarrassed.
I look again and realize that he's done decorating and unpacking. At this moment I was glad that I wasn't a girly girl and didn't have bright colors all over my walls.
I had band posters and CDs on the wall (above). I had my record player on my desk. If you know who colliscool is that's kinda like what my side of the room looked like. He also had band posters and superhero things on his wall, just by his wall I could tell that
we had a lot in common.

-------------------------------
Vote, comment and follow me if you want. No pressure🖤🖤🖤🖤