Chapter 36 - (2.1K Words)

You rounded the corner into the kitchen, and were met with the curious stares of the boys, who were all back in the kitchen after an unsuccessful search. Jin, Jimin, and Hoseok were all seated at the table again. They all gazed at you disappointedly, and you wondered whether or not you should tell them about what you saw.

Flustered because everyone continued to stare at you, you quickly lowered your gaze and hurriedly walked towards the table. You sat down at the end of the long table, across from where Namjoon should have been sitting, if he wasn't downstairs wasting away in a wave of alcohol.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" You looked up and saw Hoseok leaning over to you. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It's nothing," you shook your head, focusing on the food in front of you. "I'm fine."

"You didn't see Namjoon at all, did you?" Jin asked from farther down the table. "None of us could find him, and he's not one to up and leave."

"I think he was in the lounge, and then he went down to the garage," you said, picking your words carefully so that you wouldn't incriminate yourself. "It look like he raided your liquor store, and took out some of his anger on one of the pool cues and a couple of glasses."

"Why do you think he went down to the garage?" Jin asked, leaning forward and furrowing his eyebrows. "That seems a very specific, off-the-wall idea."

I have to say this carefully, otherwise I'm going to get into loads of trouble.

"When I went in to look for him, the door to the garage was wide open and the light was on," you said, helplessly motioning in the direction of the lounge.

"Did you go looking for him down there?" Jin asked. You saw Hoseok stiffen beside you, and your thoughts flashed to Jiyong. They didn't know that you knew about where they were keeping him, and you wanted it to stay that way.

"No, I didn't go down there," you lied, hoping your expression wasn't giving you away. "I was cleaning up the shattered glass because I didn't want anyone to accidentally step on it and hurt themselves. He kind of left a mess of the place."

"I can get somebody to take care of the rest of that later," Jin dismissed you with a wave of his hand. "You don't need to worry yourself about cleaning up after us."

"Namjoon's probably hiding somewhere, drinking," Taehyung loudly added, "so I'm fairly certain it'll be okay if we start eating without him. Right, Jin?"

"Fine, we can st--"

"You're going to do what without me?" Namjoon turned the corner, lazily holding a half-empty bottle of booze in his fingers. He looked absolutely awful, which was surprising, given how much he had actually drunk.

"We were about to start eating," Hoseok said, motioning to the plates setting on the table. "We didn't know when you'd be along, after (Y/N) said that she found that someone had been messing with the liquor cabinet."

Without responding to him, Namjoon sauntered forward to sit at the end of the table opposite you. You watched as he slowly and silently made his way through the room, the bottle still dangling precariously between his fingertips.

If he's not careful, he's going to drop that.

As he walked by, you saw a set of keys on a lanyard that was desperately close to falling out of his pocket. Your eyes instantly fastened onto the lanyard, and you wondered if they were the keys to the garage.

I have to get those away from him. But how?

"Alright, so what's stopping us from eating, then?" Namjoon asked as he sat down, his words slurred together terribly.