Chapter 13 - (1.7K Words)

"So, this is your first time in South Korea, right?" Mark asked, awkwardly clearing his throat from the driver's seat. His hands were tight on the wheel, and his eyes focused on the road. Yugyeom sat just behind him, watching as the land around the car passed by.

"Yeah, it is," you said, looking out the window, just like Yugyeom was. Aside from when you had first landed, it was the first real look you had gotten at Korea. "It's the first time I've been out of America, too,"

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Mark nod his head. He didn't say anything, but it didn't matter. There wasn't really anything to be said between the two of you.

I can't believe this was Namjoon's only idea, you thought to yourself.

You ran your hand through your now black hair, and adjusted your glasses. You wished that you had punched Namjoon when you had the chance. Now you would have to wait at least until the end of the day.

You looked back at Yugyeom, who was still staring contentedly at the world outside of the car. You didn't need to look at Mark to know that he was paying attention to the road, and only the road. He couldn't even be bothered with small talk.

These two are so boring when it's just them.

You thought back to what happened before you had got into the car with Mark and Yugyeom. Now that you'd had some time to cool down, it was almost funny.

*  *  *  *

You were sitting on the couch, in shock. You could tell Namjoon did not trust these people very much, if at all. Yet here he was, handing you over to them.

Has he absolutely lost his mind?!

"Is everything okay, (Y/N)?" Namjoon calmly whispered, shaking you from your thoughts. You turned your head to look up at him, and you nodded. You weren't about to cause a scene in front of your guests.

While the boys all discussed the plan, you were getting slightly more and more angry at Namjoon. You were about to angrily throw his arm off of you when you heard somebody call your name. You looked up, and you saw Mark giving you a relaxed smile from where he was sitting.

"Did you hear what I said? I think you were spacing out," he said, the smile still playing at his lips.

You shook your head no. In your anger, you hadn't been listening to the conversation. It hadn't occurred to you that you should listen.

"We're going to drive up to the edge of Daegu, and we're going to have to walk and take trains to get to the other side of the city. There are going to be police and other dangerous folks all throughout the city They're going to be stopping cars and searching them, so it's our only option," he said, leaning forward.

"How do you plan to get me through the city in one piece? If you haven't noticed, I don't really fit in," you said, motioning to the color of your hair and the tanness of your skin. It would take a miracle to get you safely from one side of the city to the other.

"I brought makeup and hair dye," Mark said, motioning to a duffel bag resting at the foot of the couch.

"Is that all that's in there?" Namjoon asked skeptically, taking his arm away from you and leaning forward. "I don't want you to have to worry about us if you're already caught up in your own kind of business."

"Nothing that won't help us in the long run," Yugyeom spoke up, pushing the bag out of sight with his foot. "But yes, there's more than makeup and hair dye."

Namjoon sighed and flopped back on the couch beside you. He folded his arms across his chest, and his eyes hardened. He menacingly stared at the two boys across from you, which seemed to scare you more than it was them.